1. I have a special place in my heart for atomic bomb. When I was littile like 4 or 5 my dad would always play the album for me and those are really my oldest U2 memories. I still have videos of me jumping around singing vertigo and city of blinding lights. So for me vertigo, miracle drug, sometimes you can’t make it on your own, love and peace or else, city of blinding lights, all because of you, crumbs from your table, original of the species, one step closer, and yahweh are classic U2 songs. (yes I realize I named every song from the album except a man and a woman I really don’t like that song)
  2. I think this tour was better than the current tour.
  3. Originally posted by JimmyMac91:City of Blinding Lights - A perfect U2 rocker (...) In my top three U2 songs of all time, with One and With or Without You. *****

This explains a lot of what we read yesterday in the TUF thread (https://u2start.com/topic/by-post/845006/) I like your reviews, I really do. I agree with around 0,27% of everything you wrote, but I really enjoy them as they offer a totally different view on the albums we have known for years/decades. Keep them coming!
  4. Eagerly anticipating the review of Pop.
  5. This is definitely one of my favourite U2 albums. Very strong start with Vertigo, Miracle drug, SYCMOYO, Love and Peace, COBL and then ABOY
  6. Oh I get it, and must look like a guy who loves the "hits". WOWY is the greatest bass line in the history of the recorded medium, and One is just perfect on every level but some of the other big ones like Still Haven't Found, Streets, Desire, Angel of Harlem do very little for me when compared to my favourite three. Off the top of my head Zooropa and Ultra Violet would probably round out my top five songs...does that give me a little more street cred? LMAO
  7. Originally posted by JimmyMac91:[..]
    Oh I get it, and must look like a guy who loves the "hits". WOWY is the greatest bass line in the history of the recorded medium, and One is just perfect on every level but some of the other big ones like Still Haven't Found, Streets, Desire, Angel of Harlem do very little for me when compared to my favourite three. Off the top of my head Zooropa and Ultra Violet would probably round out my top five songs...does that give me a little more street cred? LMAO
    Hahaha, yeah, you definitely come across like a hit-digger. But having Zooropa and UV up high definitely redeems you a bit!
  8. Is it just me that likes a man and a woman
  9. I think it’s pretty good, it comes under the filler category for me but good filler.
  10. You're definitely not alone. I love the song, quite probably Top5 from the 00s for me. Incredible bassline, lyrics and overall groove.