1. Thanks for clarifying this, Jana. Whoever did that should be working with Willie!
  2. Yeah it looks cool to have RZ inside the 'e', but if that layout had turned out to be real how would people access the RZ? They could have part of the catwalk fold up to allow access. But once the show started there'd be no access to RZ, & I can't see that happening.

This is a mock up I did a while ago, to incorporate the RZ into the 'e'.

It would have resulted in a larger 'e' than the true set up. Problem is I don't think it would have offered a very good view of the 'I' stage for people in RZ, as they'd be looking over each other & GA (though this is also true for the setup with RZ adjacent to the catwalk).

Personally I think the best spot for RZ'ers would be adjacent to the 'e' stage, near the end of the arena (near 121 & 123 on the diagram). This way they'd be very close to the 'e' & would have good views of the 'I' stage, looking over the top of the 'e' stage, & down the catwalk. Views of that screen would be bad though, but I think it's going to be bad for any RZ scenario we've seen.

But I'm warming to the idea of RZ along part of one side of the catwalk. Don't think it will effect the levels of energy for the band too much. Don't think it will really take up too much room. Plus I wasn't planning to aim for a spot on the rail of the catwalk anyway, as the views of the 'I' stage from here probably won't be very good.
  3. Funny that the article states that image is U2's stage in Vancouver, when it's just a Photoshop with the O2 logo on top of it
  4. Both designs are fine with me. I think it's gonna be awesome to see
    the band in an Arena this time around. Have fond memorys of Zoo TV. It's more personal and the view should be good, even if you are there late.
  5. From U2com's 8 days countdown video...

Adam playing just under the screen! (it's bigger and thicker than I thought)

6. Thanks LikeASong. Good find, I hadn't noticed the screen
  7. I just whatched the NIN video in the opening-post of the Tour spoiler-topic and I can't say I like that idea very much........ why hide behind such a screen?
  8. Originally posted by u2joost:I just whatched the NIN video in the opening-post of the Tour spoiler-topic and I can't say I like that idea very much........ why hide behind such a screen?
    I think they will most of the times go below it.
  9. hope so.....
  10. That's what i think, they will stand below the screen most of it.
  11. Maybe they wanna drop the screen down to separate the I from E?