1. That. Bono mentioned that in a recent article, they want to divide the audience completely using the screen.
  2. But then what would be the point of having a see-through screen?

At first -after watching that NIN video- I also find it awkward for them to be caged inside a screen, but that was me being stupid thinking that it would be something like:

---------------------------------------------------------------- rail
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx screen

.............................................................................. "stage"

...but now I think it's gonna be something like:

.............................................................................. "stage"

...with mainly Bono moving through both sides of the screen just like going through the catwalk in Vertigo/Elevation. Being a see-through screen means that you'll see him even if he's on the other side of the screen.
  3. But look how deep the screen is, looks just as wide as the catwalk. I can't see there being any room for Bono to walk on the outside of the screen while up on the catwalk (as you've shown in option 2). Unless just one side of the screen comes down at a time, but that doesn't seem right.
  4. From the tour teaser...

5. The shot in the left bottom corner is clearly a fabricated one then
    I LOVE the 3rd shot, the one with the lights everywhere.
  6. Looks good to me !
  7. It will interesting to see where they play on the stage for certain songs. Seems like full band a lot in both ends.
    At least have until July to figure out best place on floor to get
  8. They definitely seem to be "trapped" into / between both sides of the screen. This is the only thing I don't like from the stage design at first sight.

9. This looks fantastic on the other hand (although taking good pics of the band members is going to be really hard with all these lights in between):

10. it looks really weird, I'm wondering how much the connection between band and audience will suffer... even though the screen will only be down for a couple of songs (pobably?). or we'll just be too amazed by the light show to bother
  11. Yep, I was thinking the same. While on the catwalk, they're going to be staring into a jumble of LEDs and steel structures instead of having open air between them and the audience. I hope they don't spend many time there, for the sake of actually seeing the band and not just glimpse them behind a curtain of lights