1. I remeber I loved that heavy riff at the start of The Miracle - right at beginning of the album
  2. I remember I was so excited by this album just appearing that I jumped up and down and injured my ankle! I could barely walk for a week!
  3. I'll always remember this as the day my girl kicked me out
  4. What a day, indeed. So surreal. I was almost so surprised by it that it took me quite a while to really get into some of the songs on this album, to be honest.

My thoughts on the songs since then, maybe similar to others?

Instantly liked:
    -Every Breaking Wave
    -California
    -Iris
    -Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
    -The Troubles

Grown on me considerably over 2 years (especially given seeing I & E live last summer):

-Cedarwood Road (so awesome live, now my favorite song on the album)
    -Raised By Wolves (powerful performance/presentation paired with SBS on tour)
    -The Miracle (love listening to bootlegs now, remembering the extended "oh oh oh oh" part at the beginning, anticipating the full band kicking in and the show starting)
    -Song for Someone (used to think it was so cheesy and now really appreciate its structure and intent as a song)

Still unsure/dislike:

-Volcano (apart from the bridge part that was taken from Glastonbury and some cool Edge guitar, still think it's cheesy and kinda boring)
    -This is Where You Can Reach Me Now (fantastic dance-y rhythm, great riff, like the lyrical theme, but the sum isn't greater than the parts for me...still. Is this why the band never tried it live? Not sure why it doesn't work for me completely.)
  5. I remember that I was really surprised when I saw the news. I had a migraine thought, so I had to wait a day to listen to it. I heard the album for the first time while I was mowing my yard.
  6. SOI and SOE are concepts album, they made the history of the band. NLOTH could be another one but incomplete, i'm sure our 4 boys had some problems to release it at his best ........linear is a real pic . IMO
  7. Originally posted by buzzandmusic:SOI and SOE are concepts album, they made the history of the band. NLOTH could be another one but incomplete, i'm sure our 4 boys had some problems to release it at his best ........linear is a real pic . IMO
    You already listened to SOE?
  8. No, but I've heard the Edge is on fire with punkrock from Mars.
  9. Bono said: "There’s some trance influences. But there’s some very hardcore guitar coming out of The Edge. Real molten metal. It’s not like anything we’ve ever done before, and we don’t think it sounds like anything anyone else has done either.”
  10. I remember I was sitting exactly where I am now. I had just started my current job, and I came here by chance and saw that it was blowing up. Of course we had all been anticipating an announcement let alone the release, and I remember being in utter agony sitting here not being able to listen to what was already waiting for me

That night I probably spent 6 hours just listening and listening and listening. What a night, what a show!