1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:I really hope TIWYCRMN works its way into the set. What a big, full sound and a great little homage to The Clash and The Stones.

I must be the only one here who thinks California is the weakest song on the record.
    No you're not.

Well, maybe paired with Song For Someone!
  2. I don't think I can pick a 'weakest' song on SOI. This record just feels so... complete to me.
  3. I agree it's complete. Maybe weak was the wrong word. The song I could do without and have no problem that it is not taking up a valuable spot in the setlist.
  4. California was one of my favourites on the album but for me they never captured that sound live. Think they chose the right songs from the album to consistently play but I thought tiwycrmn would have been an excellent opener or encore opener with is longish intro.
  5. I have a feeling that TIWYCRMN is going to be the new Acrobat.
  6. After reading my post a couple pages back again where I said that I still wasn't sure about liking TIWYCRMN, and then actually listening to it again a couple times recently, I must admit that it's fantastic...

But like I said, while I've always really appreciated each of the parts of this song (guitar, bass line, weird effects, Bono's lyrics, dance rhythm) I just wonder if as a whole the band thought they would be unable to translate it properly live and so didn't play it - like Acrobat?

Maybe that's why I haven't listened to this one as much especially since the I & E tour. I guess I've gotten more hooked on the songs with bootleg versions to explore from last year.
  7. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    Agree with this all. I really felt California could have been a hit as a single, it has a really great vibe. It just didn't fit in the concept of the tour unfortunately. I think Troubles sounded really good during the first few shows.

I like California but I don't think it's the best on the album. Could have worked as a single though it does have that vibe.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    After reading my post a couple pages back again where I said that I still wasn't sure about liking TIWYCRMN, and then actually listening to it again a couple times recently, I must admit that it's fantastic...

But like I said, while I've always really appreciated each of the parts of this song (guitar, bass line, weird effects, Bono's lyrics, dance rhythm) I just wonder if as a whole the band thought they would be unable to translate it properly live and so didn't play it - like Acrobat?

Maybe that's why I haven't listened to this one as much especially since the I & E tour. I guess I've gotten more hooked on the songs with bootleg versions to explore from last year.
    I think it's my favorite on record. But thats what I'm thinking...