1. I don't like Itunes. I have waited listening until the release date on vinyl and cd. I have bought them both. But I like the cd more, because of the bonus disc and better sound quality. It's great to have the album physical. I still listen to SOI often.
  2. I was running home from work, listening to a dodgy stream of that apple event via my phone something was about to go down and I needed to get to a proper computer quick! haha.. don't remember much else after that to be honest. probably had a meltdown.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I know it was a bit polarizing among us diehards but I honestly thought it was going to be the big hit from the album.

Same, this and TIWYCRMN even worse... they never played it at all.
  4. They really proved that your best work can be ahead of you; I think SOI is one of their best albums.
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I know it was a bit polarizing among us diehards but I honestly thought it was going to be the big hit from the album.
    California was such a wasted opportunity live. This concept of a narrative killed any chance of improvisation or experimentation with the set list. There was no SOI after the encore. California could have been a great encore opener.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    California was such a wasted opportunity live. This concept of a narrative killed any chance of improvisation or experimentation with the set list. There was no SOI after the encore. California could have been a great encore opener.
    I did love this whole narrative idea, but you're right, it has limited them a lot in their choices last tour.

(doesn't excuse the fact volcano didn't make it i-stake, rotating with vertigo though... goddamn )
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I agree that California (and maybe Volcano) could have been a great encore opener. It didn't work early in the setlist or on the E-Stage. It's also unfortunate that they did not play The Troubles more.
  8. While I love the narrative and the structured first half of the show, they could have done to play a longer set, especially as they had no opening act and an intermission.

01 The Miracle
    02 [early song rotational]
    03 [optional rotational]
    04 Vertigo
    05 I Will Follow
    06 Iris
    07 Cedarwood Road
    08 Song For Someone
    09 This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now [optional?]
    10 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11 Raised By Wolves
    12 Until the End of the World

Intermission

13 Invisible
    14 Even Better Than the Real Thing
    15 Mysterious Ways
    16 [e-stage rotational]
    17 [e-stage rotational]
    18 [e-stage rotational]
    19 [optional e-stage rotational]
    20 Every Breaking Wave
    21 October
    22 Bullet the Blue Sky
    23 Zooropa
    24 Where the Streets Have No Name
    25 Pride
    26 [optional rotational]
    27 With or Without You

encore

28 [rotational]
    29 [rotational]
    30 [rotational]
    31 [optional rotational]
    32 [optional rotational]
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:While I love the narrative and the structured first half of the show, they could have done to play a longer set, especially as they had no opening act and an intermission.

01 The Miracle
    02 [early song rotational]
    03 [optional rotational]
    04 Vertigo
    05 I Will Follow
    06 Iris
    07 Cedarwood Road
    08 Song For Someone
    09 This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now [optional?]
    10 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11 Raised By Wolves
    12 Until the End of the World

Intermission

13 Invisible
    14 Even Better Than the Real Thing
    15 Mysterious Ways
    16 [e-stage rotational]
    17 [e-stage rotational]
    18 [e-stage rotational]
    19 [optional e-stage rotational]
    20 Every Breaking Wave
    21 October
    22 Bullet the Blue Sky
    23 Zooropa
    24 Where the Streets Have No Name
    25 Pride
    26 [optional rotational]
    27 With or Without You

encore

28 [rotational]
    29 [rotational]
    30 [rotational]
    31 [optional rotational]
    32 [optional rotational]
    I like this ! please do it like this
  10. Originally posted by Koos1984:[..]
    I agree that California (and maybe Volcano) could have been a great encore opener. It didn't work early in the setlist or on the E-Stage. It's also unfortunate that they did not play The Troubles more.
    Agree with this all. I really felt California could have been a hit as a single, it has a really great vibe. It just didn't fit in the concept of the tour unfortunately. I think Troubles sounded really good during the first few shows.
  11. Indeed, a disapointment for me was the drop off the setlist of Volcano, California, The Troubles and The Crystal Ballroom.
    After a while the SOI tour gets boring (speaking as a listener to concerts, not being there).
  12. I really hope TIWYCRMN works its way into the set. What a big, full sound and a great little homage to The Clash and The Stones.

I must be the only one here who thinks California is the weakest song on the record.