1. From the Zane Lowe interview...

"A lot of the songs on Songs of Experience are letters..."

One to their audience about not trusting performers, called "The Showman"...

"American Soul" is a letter to America...

Some lyrics: "It's not a place, this country is to me a thought that offers grace..." (a few more, I missed the ones at the end)
  2. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:From the Zane Lowe interview...

Some lyrics: "It's not a place, this country is to me a thought that offers grace..." (a few more, I missed the ones at the end)
    Was just listening to this bit. I love all the Songs of Experience stuff.
  3. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:From the Zane Lowe interview...

"America is not a place, it's an idea" (or a thought in this case) is something that Bono repeats every night before sleep like Arya Stark.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:"America is not a place, it's an idea" (or a thought in this case) is something that Bono repeats every night before sleep like Arya Stark.

Well played.
  5. Still not committing to the album being out this year.
  6. "I think it's gonna be this year."

"We're getting there."

Woof.
  7. Well, I guess I was wrong in how much they'd talk about upcoming material. Mea culpa. My Zane Lowe listening instincts were wrong.
  8. "We just have to re-record everything and once we do that it's finished"

Edge
  9. I can't tell if that was a joke or not...either way...
  10. 2019 release
  11. I really do hope it's out this year, tour next year. That'd be perfect.
  12. Since when do they do anything that makes sense, though?