1. People REALLY think they'll do a tour like they're doing now for Achtung Baby? I don't see it. They've had to explain their reasoning for doing this tour and specifically state why it's NOT a nostalgia play etc. Doing another tour like this would just solidify what they're saying they're not.

I don't see it happening.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:People REALLY think they'll do a tour like they're doing now for Achtung Baby? I don't see it. They've had to explain their reasoning for doing this tour and specifically state why it's NOT a nostalgia play etc. Doing another tour like this would just solidify what they're saying they're not.

I don't see it happening.
    I think it's a long shot but I still hope they do it.

(I have no problem with them milking nostalgia a little bit).
  3. No way will they do this, touring one classic album is acceptable but doing it again will just be them turning into a heritage band... anyway AB was celebrated in 2011 with a heavy presence at Glastonbury, the final leg of 360 and the From the Sky Down doc
  4. Originally posted by zooropa93:No way will they do this, touring one classic album is acceptable but doing it again will just be them turning into a heritage band... anyway AB was celebrated in 2011 with a heavy presence at Glastonbury, the final leg of 360 and the From the Sky Down doc
    Achtung Baby deserves a far bigger celebration than it got in 2011. They only played half the album at most on the 360 tour with only 5 at Glastonbury, hardly a celebration on a scale with this current tour. There's no reason not to do an Achtung baby tour if it's either side of tours promoting new albums which I think it could be.
  5. No chance the band will want to be touring in non tour years. Maybe if they did a few short residencies to celebrate Achtung Baby then that would be ok but I don't think the band would want to invest the time in that.

For me, I don't want a repeat of what we are getting this year, even though Achtung Baby would be immense to listen to.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:No chance the band will want to be touring in non tour years. Maybe if they did a few short residencies to celebrate Achtung Baby then that would be ok but I don't think the band would want to invest the time in that.

For me, I don't want a repeat of what we are getting this year, even though Achtung Baby would be immense to listen to.
    I think 2020 will be a non tour year, possibly even 2019 as I don't think the E&I tour will last much longer than the I&E tour did, so if anything an AB tour would get them back into the swing of things. I'm not saying I expect them to do it though just that there's good reason to. I also think that once we get SOE there will be no new release until around 2022/23 so again that would make the AB tour realistic also to fill the time.
  7. I want a new album. And I definitely feel like it isn't out of the realm of possibility to do an Achtung Anniversary. They will think of some way to justify it.
  8. Originally posted by kris_smith87:I want a new album. And I definitely feel like it isn't out of the realm of possibility to do an Achtung Anniversary. They will think of some way to justify it.
    Achtung will come when they start doing Vegas residencies with all the other aging nostalgia acts that have learned the art of "if you stay in one place, they will come... and if you play full albums, they will keep coming"
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Achtung will come when they start doing Vegas residencies with all the other aging nostalgia acts that have learned the art of "if you stay in one place, they will come... and if you play full albums, they will keep coming"
    If you want to do cynicism, do it properly.

They'll do a 20th anniversary of ATYCLB in 2021. No Achtung Baby.
  10. A 20th anniversary of ATYCLB in 2021?
  11. Being off by a year with your U2 knowledge is punishable by death around here.