1. Cant find it anywhere
  2. If they wanted to give it a bit of promotion and a few plays then the September 25th date would work as it's during a bit of a gap on the 3rd leg. I thought initially they might go for a release just prior to the 3rd leg but September 25 would still make sense. Think its already been confirmed though the best thing wasn't played today.
  3. Starting to love Little Things I must say...

4. Excited about a new single but hoping, hoping its not The Best Thing. Even if less
    "catchy" Little Things is a much better, more U2 like, song.
  5. U2 perform new song in Amsterdam for video shoot - U2gigs

U2 are about to play two concerts at the Amsterdam Arena, but it turns out that is not their only business in town. At the Gashouder nightclub of the Westergasfabriek, the band filmed a video clip in front of a small audience on Friday night. We believe 200 to 300 people were in attendance, including some lucky fans who responded to U2.com's call for attendees earlier this week.
    The video clip is for U2's next single. An anonymous attendee has confirmed to us that the song is titled The Blackout. U2 performed it live for the assembled audience five times.
    After the performance, a second new song was played over the PA, entitled Lights to Home. We can confirm that U2 did not play The Best Thing (or, if they insist on another long title that will be abbreviated by all and sundry, You're the Best Thing About Me), a song that leaked online last year.
    Both songs are described as groovy and nineties-sounding, with heavy bass and guitar. The Blackout has a prominent lyric about "when the lights go out" that got the audience jumping.
    Our database entry for this performance is here. For the present we are listing The Blackout—and Little Things—as unreleased songs. We will do so until the release of Songs of Experience is confirmed and their presence on the album is noted, e.g. in a tracklist. This is U2, after all, and we've seen enough last-minute changes before!

Since nobody here wants to give us some info Nineties-sounding sounds like it could be very interesting!!!
  6. Originally posted by bartajax:U2 perform new song in Amsterdam for video shoot - U2gigs

U2 are about to play two concerts at the Amsterdam Arena, but it turns out that is not their only business in town. At the Gashouder nightclub of the Westergasfabriek, the band filmed a video clip in front of a small audience on Friday night. We believe 200 to 300 people were in attendance, including some lucky fans who responded to U2.com's call for attendees earlier this week.
    The video clip is for U2's next single. An anonymous attendee has confirmed to us that the song is titled The Blackout. U2 performed it live for the assembled audience five times.
    After the performance, a second new song was played over the PA, entitled Lights to Home. We can confirm that U2 did not play The Best Thing (or, if they insist on another long title that will be abbreviated by all and sundry, You're the Best Thing About Me), a song that leaked online last year.
    Both songs are described as groovy and nineties-sounding, with heavy bass and guitar. The Blackout has a prominent lyric about "when the lights go out" that got the audience jumping.
    Our database entry for this performance is here. For the present we are listing The Blackout—and Little Things—as unreleased songs. We will do so until the release of Songs of Experience is confirmed and their presence on the album is noted, e.g. in a tracklist. This is U2, after all, and we've seen enough last-minute changes before!

Since nobody here wants to give us some info Nineties-sounding sounds like it could be very interesting!!!
    'nineties-sounding, with heavy bass and guitar' thats a lot to get excited about. If that description is not an exaggeration then that's exactly what I was hoping for.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    'nineties-sounding, with heavy bass and guitar' thats a lot to get excited about. If that description is not an exaggeration then that's exactly what I was hoping for.
    Yeah if thats true that gets me very excited.
  8. AB, POP, JT & SOI are U2's 4 best albums, IMO. SOI is as coherently good as other 3 mentioned above.
  9. I reckon the wait for SOE has been 7 or maybe 8 years so I am glad it seems close now. Even fir U2 this is a long time !

My reasoning:
    I was at Torino in 2010... Stingray, North Star & Glastonbury all debuted but never heard of formally since.

Kingdom...2009 intro music. Never heard of formally since.

Of course we had SoI but these songs never made that cut.

Maybe there should be a Passengers2 to sweep these up !

Little Things...hopefully on SoE.

The Blackout...definitely on SoE ?
  10. Originally posted by Edi:I reckon the wait for SOE has been 7 or maybe 8 years so I am glad it seems close now. Even fir U2 this is a long time !

My reasoning:
    I was at Torino in 2010... Stingray, North Star & Glastonbury all debuted but never heard of formally since.

Kingdom...2009 intro music. Never heard of formally since.

Of course we had SoI but these songs never made that cut.

Maybe there should be a Passengers2 to sweep these up !

Little Things...hopefully on SoE.

The Blackout...definitely on SoE ?
    i was in turin 2010 too, agree every single words, there are songs never published that are great, hope SOE will come out max at the end of november 2017 , i need a real rock album. They will put all their experience in there , that's my dream.
  11. I was lucky enough to see Glastonbury at Frankfurt, but missed out on North Star. Really hope it makes it to SoE.

Glastonbury made it (sort of) to SoI in the middle 8 of Volcano.

I think there will be a mega box set situation with all the other tunes, etc.

Or hopefully a U2.com subscription release like Rare, Medium, Remastered.