1. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]
    Absolutely! Without sounding too cliche, we are due another big tune like Vertigo and Beautiful Day. Although I feel The Miracle was a stab at that. The likes of Breathe and Stand Up Comedy are great tunes on NLOH, I struggle to name any on SOI though. Hope its musically different
    SOi singularly failed in that respect. Lookimg back NLOTH had loads !
  2. EBW, Volcano (even if Glastonbury was miles better), Cedarwood Road, Raised By Wolves, Sleep Like A Baby.., Troubles are amazing tracks... and I dig NLOTH too
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    EBW, Volcano (even if Glastonbury was miles better), Cedarwood Road, Raised By Wolves, Sleep Like A Baby.., Troubles are amazing tracks... and I dig NLOTH too
    There were great tracks on SoI for sure but we are taking heavy here. My view is probably tainted by not liking Joey at all as an opener or song.
  4. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    The heavier the better ! ...Zoo Station The Fly Disco HMTMKMKM.... and thinking about it some heavies on NLOTH too .. Bring it on.

+1
  5. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    There were great tracks on SoI for sure but we are taking heavy here. My view is probably tainted by not liking Joey at all as an opener or song.
    Cedarwood or Wolves have nice distorted guitars, but also wouldn't call them heavy... Not sure about Breathe being heavy track though.... Stand Up Comedy yes, probably only decent heavy song on NLOTH (not counting Boots as decent track )
  6. I guess we've all got different ideas of 'heavy'. I think cedar wood road and raised by wolves certainly have heavy aspects, I don't really hear anything heavy on NLOTH, or at least if there is any heavy parts it sounds covered up in other sounds. Going further back but still post Achtung baby I'd say dirty Day, gone and New York are all heavy tunes especially live.

7. Sorry. I knew that posting official material was forbidden (for good reason) but didn't realize that discussing a PM exchange also was off-limits. Won't happen again.

Moving on...agree with most of what's been said about SOI's shortcomings, although I do appreciate their attempt and do like most of the songs quite a bit. The songs definitely came into their own when performed live, as Adam noted.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:I guess we've all got different ideas of 'heavy'. I think cedar wood road and raised by wolves certainly have heavy aspects, I don't really hear anything heavy on NLOTH, or at least if there is any heavy parts it sounds covered up in other sounds. Going further back but still post Achtung baby I'd say dirty Day, gone and New York are all heavy tunes especially live.
    I find it funny that we could get that different meanings about something like "heavy".

Personally, I agree with you 100% on your examples of what classifies as "heavy"

SUC, Joey, Boots, Vertigo et al have nice riffs, but they're a lot poppier than Cedarwood or Wolves.

(I think for me it's something like... if you can sing it smiling, then it's not heavy. You need to sing (almost) angry.)
  9. I think this could be The Blackout

The description matches what U2gigs said. The distorted guitar intro.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I guess we've all got different ideas of 'heavy'. I think cedar wood road and raised by wolves certainly have heavy aspects, I don't really hear anything heavy on NLOTH, or at least if there is any heavy parts it sounds covered up in other sounds. Going further back but still post Achtung baby I'd say dirty Day, gone and New York are all heavy tunes especially live.
    Aggressive is a good word to use in this case. Put it this way, I hope The Blackout is more aggressive sounding than The Miracle!
  11. Yeah I think aggressive is a good word choice here. And I agree hopefully more aggressive and just generally better than The Miracle which I thought was decent but still one of the weakest on SOI.
  12. Pretty sure if that was genuine it would have been pulled from Youtube and not sitting on the site for over a year..