1. True it sure does
  2. Does anyone else feel that this album is disjointed or sounds like a mish-mash of a couple different U2 albums? I'll separate the songs I'm talking about.

-Love is All We Have Left
    -Lights of Home
    -The Blackout

-Summer of Love
    -Red Flag Day
    -The Showman (Little More Better)

-You're the Best Thing About Me
    -Get Out Of Your Own Way
    -Americal Soul

-The Little Things That Give You Away
    -Landlady
    -Love is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
    -13 (There is a Light)
    -Book of Your Heart

These groups of songs all feel like they belong on separate U2 albums. I won't lie, I wanna hear some of these albums. But they don't feel like they belong together.
    The closest two "sections" that go well together is the 1st and 4th sections I've listed. But the "happy meal" section and the "Fast Cars-esque" section (section 2) don't go with them at all.

3. i told you that's it, cover fantastic, the boxset is incredible
  4. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:Does anyone else feel that this album is disjointed or sounds like a mish-mash of a couple different U2 albums? I'll separate the songs I'm talking about.

-Love is All We Have Left
    -Lights of Home
    -The Blackout

-Summer of Love
    -Red Flag Day
    -The Showman (Little More Better)

-You're the Best Thing About Me
    -Get Out Of Your Own Way
    -Americal Soul

-The Little Things That Give You Away
    -Landlady
    -Love is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
    -13 (There is a Light)
    -Book of Your Heart

These groups of songs all feel like they belong on separate U2 albums. I won't lie, I wanna hear some of these albums. But they don't feel like they belong together.
    The closest two "sections" that go well together is the 1st and 4th sections I've listed. But the "happy meal" section and the "Fast Cars-esque" section (section 2) don't go with them at all.
    Yes, but is basically the same in every album.
    From Pride or Wire in TUF, to both halves on SOI, or the obvious NLOTH.

(Although, I'd put Landlady in group 2, American Soul in group 1, All We Have Left in group 4 and Love is Bigger in group 3.)

However, unlike other albums, the track order and or the sound mixing or whatever, seemed more cohesive to me than in other albums.
  5. The honeymoon is over for me. I haven’t listened to SOE for a week. I turned it on and wanted to skip the first 5 songs. Not a great start. Summer of Love through Showman are interesting. I wanted to still hear them unlike the first five songs. They are differnent to my ears and are enjoyable. Probably a 6 out of 10 for those three songs. The Little Things sounds familiar. It’s decent. Good. But not great for a U2 song. Landlady though. Beautiful song. Great lyrics. 10/10. I can see myself wanting to listen to this song 20 years from now. The Blackout does nothing for me. SKIP. Love is Bigger is very good. Probably a 9/10. Emotional. A bit cheesy so not a 10. 13 is pretty good.

So in my humble opinion as a lifelong U2 fan since seeing the Gloria video, SOI has 5 great songs plus two great on the deluxe.
    SOE has 2 great songs plus one on the deluxe (Book of Your Heart). But SOE seems like a more complete album. On the theme and such.
  6. Love Is All We Have Left is really good! But the autotune seems out of place?

Summer of Love gotta be one of their weakest
  7. Originally posted by blink:Love Is All We Have Left is really good! But the autotune seems out of place?

Summer of Love gotta be one of their weakest
    Love is all is a Great intro
    Maybe they Will open the next Concerts with it
    Summer of love....yes the weakest with American soul.it reminds me of Wild Honey ( don't Know why )
    But i'm learning to love it day after day.maybe For the lyrics.
  8. Been listening to this album pretty much non-stop since release. So far there aren't any songs that I feel compelled to remove from my playlists. Personal favorites for me are Love Is Bigger, Lights of Home, Little Things, and Showman. I can see how SOE was the companion album for SOI, but when comparing the two it's very obvious to me that SOE is a much more advanced album than SOI in every regard.
  9. Barely listened to it since it's release.
  10. Been listening quite regularly to the SOI+E playlist. Very happy with it. I see there is a difference of opinions here, but for me at least, this is still a great album and combined with SOI, makes quite a masterpiece.