1. My SOE vinyl came on Friday
    Not had my gift yet though (JT vinyls)
  2. Hmm, if vinyl shipped from the UK arrived within the UK on Friday only, I wonder when it may be due in central Europe... My subscription gift was shipped on Thursday, so I guess it will be a true Christmas gift.
  3. really? I think the general response by critics and fans have been very positive
  4. Same. More fans consider it one of their best albums (since whenever is irrelevant) than fans who consider it one of their worst. Look at all the polls here even on the site.
  5. There are tweets noting that with the charting of SOE at #1 on billboard U2 is the only group ever to hit #1 in 80s, 90s, 2000, and 2010s. Wherher you love or hate their recent work that’s pretty impressive.
  6. My opinion hasn't faded. I think this album is fantastic and when I'm not listening to it, I wish I was. I try not to make a habit of ranking U2 albums since they're all so different. I just think this is really great. Walked around New York City this weekend with songs from it in my head
  7. Ireland and US number 1. Result. Hopefully more from others in time. As for the album it’s great. Nice to have that English producer who is a fan doing a sterling job. Better than Roland rat danger mouse or whatever his name is.
  8. Fantastic album up till now.i just have to check How Long i Will play it daily...then i Will be Able to rank it
  9. Interesting that 180k of 186k "equivalent album units" come from traditional album sales, which I assume to be physical or digital purchases.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:Interesting that 180k of 186k "equivalent album units" come from traditional album sales, which I assume to be physical or digital purchases.
    From the ticket sales I guess?
  11. Originally posted by nickrips:Ireland and US number 1. Result. Hopefully more from others in time. As for the album it’s great. Nice to have that English producer who is a fan doing a sterling job. Better than Roland rat danger mouse or whatever his name is.
    Why the lack of respect? Brian Burton/Danger Mouse did some excellent work with U2.
  12. It's a truly superb and what I would describe as mature album . They have truly delivered a work of longevity and substance.