1. Maybe you have a table with one leg a little shorter than all the others, so it wobbles around? Easy fix with one of those bad boys.
  2. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Maybe you have a table with one leg a little shorter than all the others, so it wobbles around? Easy fix with one of those bad boys.
    hahaha Some would argue that SOE wouldn't even serve that purpose.
  3. Yeowch Not even good enough to use for minor home improvement? Can't U2 win at anything anymore
  4. 5:52: "You've been together since nineteen seventy nine "...

Lovely interview regardless. Gotta love Adam's accent, love hearing him speaking for long times like this. I laughed when he reveals the true origin of The Best Thing, with Ireland's general hatred for U2
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    5:52: "You've been together since nineteen seventy nine "...

Lovely interview regardless. Gotta love Adam's accent, love hearing him speaking for long times like this. I laughed when he reveals the true origin of The Best Thing, with Ireland's general hatred for U2
    hah i was waiting for him to correct bit didn't seem like he cared.
  6. He kind of corrects her a few mins later tho "Because you have to think, we have been together since 197SIX, then put out our first record in 1980..."
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    He kind of corrects her a few mins later tho "Because you have to think, we have been together since 197SIX, then put out our first record in 1980..."
    surely the interviewer should of known that, but yeah good interview besides that
  8. I know it all comes down to opinion, but I don't really understand how anyone can say this album is anything less than "good". I don't think there's anything U2 could do at this point to please some of those folks everyone.

edited.
  9. U2 have never pleased anyone since 1987. Even masterpieces like Achtung Baby had mixed reviews and heck, they lost a whole chunk of many thousands of fans back then. Ever since their popularity peak, aka The Joshua Tree, aka when they appealed to mostly everyone, they have been disappointing sectors of their fanbase with every album. And that isn't gonna change before the band ends their career. There's a certain kind of fan that's just unable to appreciate just about anything that U2 puts out nowadays. I'm not talking about being critic with what they release (I'm a critic too), I'm talking about being absolutely non capable of acknowledging the band still puts out some good songs every now and then.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:U2 have never pleased anyone since 1987. Even masterpieces like Achtung Baby had mixed reviews and heck, they lost a whole chunk of many thousands of fans back then. Ever since their popularity peak, aka The Joshua Tree, aka when they appealed to mostly everyone, they have been disappointing sectors of their fanbase with every album. And that isn't gonna change before the band ends their career. There's a certain kind of fan that's just unable to appreciate just about anything that U2 puts out nowadays. I'm not talking about being critic with what they release (I'm a critic too), I'm talking about being absolutely non capable of acknowledging the band still puts out some good songs every now and then.
    Agreed. Well put.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:U2 have never pleased anyone since 1987. Even masterpieces like Achtung Baby had mixed reviews and heck, they lost a whole chunk of many thousands of fans back then. Ever since their popularity peak, aka The Joshua Tree, aka when they appealed to mostly everyone, they have been disappointing sectors of their fanbase with every album. And that isn't gonna change before the band ends their career. There's a certain kind of fan that's just unable to appreciate just about anything that U2 puts out nowadays. I'm not talking about being critic with what they release (I'm a critic too), I'm talking about being absolutely non capable of acknowledging the band still puts out some good songs every now and then.
    Something that happened before I was paying close attention to U2, but I can assume was totally shocking for the hardcore fans back then, is the transition from War to Unforgettable Fire.

One day you're listening to Bloody Sunday, Like a Song, New Year's Day and Seconds, watching Bono angrily waving a white flag in full bravado mode, and the next they're this ambient moody band playing Sort Of Homecoming, Bad and Promenade, with Pride as the lead single.

I never listened to Scorpions after Wind of Change, I'm afraid that if I was paying attention to U2 back then, I would've dropped them at that moment.