1. Updated opening post (by crew) to reflect latest spoilers/updates/setlists:

Recordings:
    Raised By Wolves - https://soundcloud.com/bobmackin/u2-raisedbywolves-pne0421
    Bullet & One Step Closer - https://t.co/zrZ9PeBOAj

New York Times article with loads of info:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/arts/music/u2s-flight-to-now-turbulence-included.html?_r=1

All rehearsed songs (as for 8 May):
    New songs: California (There Is No End To Love), Cedarwood Road, Every Breaking Wave (full band and acoustic versions), Invisible, Iris (Hold Me Close), The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone), Ordinary Love, Raised By Wolves, Song For Someone, The Troubles, Volcano.
    Old songs: Angel Of Harlem, Bad, Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Desire, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I Will Follow, Magnificent, Miracle Drug, Moment Of Surrender, Mysterious Ways, No Line On The Horizon, One, One Step Closer, Out Of Control, Playboy Mansion, Pride, Running To Stand Still, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, The Electric Co., The Fly, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, The Hands That Built America, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Until The End Of The World, Vertigo, Where The Streets Have No Name, and With Or Without You.
    (courtesy of U2gigs)

Technology/set-up for the stage:
  2. It has already been confirmed by Noel Gallagher that U2 is rehearsing in France so that sounds true.

The songs though sound too good to be true.
  3. Ah ah - two fantastic songs that have never been played live, it'd be a crime to leave them shelved for one more tour! Certainly either RHMT will be played in a different key, or the chorus will be one octave lower. It promises to shape up quite nicely

I hope Bono's voice will be up to the task. I listened to Volcano live again the other day, and without the studio tricks, Bono's age kind of showed I'm afraid...
  4. And with that, I may take my leave from U2start until the Summer. Would it be too much to ask for a "Setlist Spoilers Discussion" topic or something so us folks who want to be surprised can still talk U2 around here without seeing what the band might play before we get to see them? I don't want to be needy, but I like coming here and still want to be surprised come June :p
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:And with that, I may take my leave from U2start until the Summer. Would it be too much to ask for a "Setlist Spoilers Discussion" topic or something so us folks who want to be surprised can still talk U2 around here without seeing what the band might play before we get to see them? I don't want to be needy, but I like coming here and still want to be surprised come June :p
    You noticed the 'potential spoilers' in the topic title right?

Let's change this into a topic dedicated to spoilers.
  6. The people that heard these rehearsals are talking also about Lemon sung by Edge, and new songs with titles "The Cosmic Joke", "The Hoax", and "Take me serious at your own risk".
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:The people that heard these rehearsals are talking also about Lemon sung by Edge, and new songs with titles "The Cosmic Joke", "The Hoax", and "Take me serious at your own risk".
    Haha I knew this was a hoax.
  8. haha, there is a series of videos in YouTube called "Soundchecks of Innocence", and all the videos were linked to previous soundchecks, so still no "spoilers" or "rumors", just people teasing us.
  9. 60 days and counting....Thanks for the information regarding the rehearsing. I was wondering where the band was going to be doing their serious prep as GM Place (where the video for COBL was filmed) looks like it is, or could be booked, right up until the 12th of May

As it stands now, GM place is booked on May 5th & May 7th with concerts. IF, (big if here) the NHL Vancouver Canucks make Round #2 of the NHL playoffs, the second rounds are usually played during the second week of May which means that May 8th-12th would NOT be available for use. That only leaves the Willy and his crew 36 hours or so to get the new stage set-up and rehearsals done!

Also, Bono's 55th birthday is on May 10th, so I expect that there will be some type of celebration with family and friends in Ireland or southern France (wind-up to rehearsals??) and then a day or two of travel to Vancouver. I know Bono has expressed a love for Vancouver and I expect them to do what they've done before; rent a house out in horseshoe bay area!

I will be arriving in Vancouver on the 10th or so and should be able to posts some pictures / events / notices of ongoings.... a lot depends on the Canuck's schedule!...

Scott
  10. it's al rumors...i think....
  11. edge singing lemon? if that is true, though.....
  12. Let's just wait until proper rehearsals start... I can't be doing with different versions of songs, we wait 23 years for Acrobat live and it's a big band version... No!