1. I've been around here for a while and don't think I've ever introduced myself. I live in Cork, Ireland. I've been a U2 fan since 1984 when I was 12. I was aware of them since the War album, particularly Sunday bloody Sunday, but my eureka moment was when I saw the promo clip for The unforgettable fire single on TV. I was hooked and had the back catalog as fast as a 12 year old could afford it !! My first show was Edge's birthday in Cork on the Joshua tree tour and my first bootleg was Red Rocks on cassette. This is a great community here and I must visit more often !!

Here's what I did to pass away a rainy Sunday afternoon today:

2. Thanks for the introductions, welcome and enjoy! Looks you had a great afternoon.
    And yes, you must visit more often!
  3. Thanks Remy
  4. A Corkonian! Welcome to the boards, you'll have a great time over here! I hope to finally visit your wonderful city next December, it's the only important Irish city I haven't visited yet... And it's the "true capital" after all Cheers and welcome again
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:A Corkonian! Welcome to the boards, you'll have a great time over here! I hope to finally visit your wonderful city next December, it's the only important Irish city I haven't visited yet... And it's the "true capital" after all Cheers and welcome again
    I've been downloading boots from here for year and kinda felt that I should say hi !! You'll like Cork it's a great city !!!

Are there any Start meet ups around any of the European shows ? I've got company for London but doing Stockholm & Paris on my own so it might be nice.
  6. I always envy people who were old enough to be fans way back in the day hope you have some cool stories to share! and welcome
  7. Thanks

I did get to meet Edge and Larry at 4am after the last Dublin show in '89 and then met all the band at the U2 by U2 book launch. I'm not that old but old enough LOL
  8. Welcome treasure
  9. THANKS !!

I spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about U2 and Springsteen songs & b sides & shows & bootlegs. I have a few great online places to talk about the Bruce stuff but I needed a good U2 forum to vent and I find Zootopia a bit strange. I've been downloading Bootlegs from here for years but I've only recently got into the forums. My real name is Kieran by the way !!
  10. Originally posted by treasure:THANKS !!

I spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about U2 and Springsteen songs & b sides & shows & bootlegs. I have a few great online places to talk about the Bruce stuff but I needed a good U2 forum to vent and I find Zootopia a bit strange. I've been downloading Bootlegs from here for years but I've only recently got into the forums. My real name is Kieran by the way !!
    Alright then Kieran! Welcome, and I think you'll like it here...very friendly community You should get an avatar so we can easily recognise your posts though.