1. HI GUYS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE BEST BOOTLEG FOR EACH U2 TOUR STARTING FROM THE JOSHUA TREE ERA!!!!
    THANKS A LOT
    MATTEO
    ITALY
  2. We use to do some "Hi, people!" message before posting...

Well, WELCOME TO THE FORUM, I hope you enjoy your stay.

There's a similar topic to your request from not long ago: http://www.u2start.com/topic/678/ ... In case you don't feel like visiting that thread, my list is as follows:

Joshua Tree Tour - 1987-07-08 Brussels
    Lovetown Tour - 1989-12-30 Dublin // 1990-01-10 Rotterdam
    ZooTV Tour - 1992-05-22 Milan // 1993-08-28 Dublin
    PopMart Tour - 1997-09-23 Sarajevo
    Elevatio Tour - 2001-05-31 Buffalo // 2001-09-01 Slane Castle
    Vertigo Tour - 2006-12-04 Saitama

P.S. Why do you write everything IN CAPITAL LETTERS? In the internet, writing with caps means that you're angry or shouting at each other. Be careful!

See you! Arriverderci!!
  3. Sorry for my term, thanks a lot for your prompt reply

See You!!
  4. Originally posted by jack_gmSorry for my term, thanks a lot for your prompt reply
    See You!!

5. Originally posted by jack_gmHI GUYS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE BEST BOOTLEG FOR EACH U2 TOUR STARTING FROM THE JOSHUA TREE ERA!!!!
    THANKS A LOT
    MATTEO
    ITALY

Matteo, I don't know if you were there, but my compliments for the Italian crowd during U2 Live in Milan. I just got the DVD and watched it, and the crowd gives the whole show an extra boost.

And now on-topic again:

Elevation: Cleveland Ohio is also good..
  6. 1992-06-15 - Rotterdam, Netherlands in Sportpalaes Ahoy is the best bootleg all ever for me..amazing mixing desk recording
  7. For ZooTV, it depends what's more important to you in a bootleg.
    -1993-08-28 Dublin is good, and ultimately worth having. BUT this is not in my top 2 ZooTV's. If you're only looking for 1 to start with I suggest considering one of the following 2:
    -1992-08-06 Washington DC
    -1993-11-16 Adelaide

---

1993-08-28 Dublin is a very solid, overall concert:

+MacPhisto talks for 3 minutes about being "a tired old pop star in platform shoes". He leaves a phone message at the UN with him and the crowd singing "Help!" (fantastic moment) and then the band breaks into a great version of "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)."

+Good crowd noise

-There is NO BASS at all in the mix. For me this is the deal-breaking turn-off.

---

HOWEVER.....

I prefer the 2 other concerts, because 1) the bass is AMAZING & prominent in the mix (to me this makes all the difference), and 2) there are superior versions of individual songs:

---

1.) 1992-08-16 Washington DC (aka And Now A Word From Our Sponsors)

+Ultraviolet (Light My Way): THE BEST version of this song, 100X better than Dublin (if you ignore the Help! intro from Dublin). Bono sings "I was all f***ed up" instead of "I was all messed up"

+With Or Without You: ONE OF THE BEST versions of this song: EDGE'S SOLO is incredible and one of a kind. Bono sings "Shine Like Stars." Bono introduces the song by yelling, "Let's get married! Let's go to Vegas!"

+Bad (clear as a bell; there is a delay before the first "Wide awake" because a fan jumped onstage and carried Bono. Bono sings "wide awake" as he's being spun around, then says "it's alright" as the security guards take the fan away.

+Angel of Harlem (Larry plays Bongos, bass is amazing). Bono intro's "Let's get some singin', some dancin' up in here!"
    -No crowd noise.

2.) 1993-11-16 Adelaide (aka Zoolaide)
    +Lemon: BEST VERSION ever recorded, Despite a few Adam mistakes at the start.

+Where the Streets Have No Name: starts with a BLASTING bass note by Adam. Great, rhythm-heavy version, one of my favorite versions of Streets ever.

+Pride (In The Name Of Love): again, Adam's bass drives me nuts; it really makes difference between a mediocre and top-notch version.

+Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around The World: surprise surprise, Adam's bass does it again. Plus, Bono comments on "You don't mess with the Adelaide girls"

-No crowd noise