1. Quite a few album tracks never considered a singles have stood their ground in the set over the years. The big 10 are:

The Electric Co. – A huge song from 1980 to 1987 and a big song on the Vertigo tour
    October – after a brief term as the intro to Tomorrow it became the natural intro to New year’s day from 1993 to 1989 until it disappeared in Australia on Lovetown
    “40” – closed every show from 1983 to 1989 bar a few on Lovetown and made a welcome return on Vertigo (last played at last show of 360 in Moncton)
    A sort of homecoming – a huge song on the Unforgettable fire & Joshua tree tours. Played as a one off at Slane Castle 2001 as it was recorded there (and once badly as a fan on stage request also in 2001)
    MLK – the natural intro. To The unforgettable fire from 1984 to 1989 (alternated as intro. To One Tree Hill on Lovetown), and never too far from a standard until late 360 when it was replaced by Scarlet !!
    Bad – never released as a single but the live version on the “Wide awake in America” e.p. made it arguably the biggest fan favourite song from 1984 to the present day
    Bullet the blue sky – only left out on the 360 tour since it was first played in 1987. Used since ZOO TV as Edge’s big guitar solo song (and arguably his most convincing since Street mission in 1978 !!)
    Running to stand still – the natural follow up to Bullet the blue sky from 1987 to 1993 (though skipped a few times on Lovetown) and made a return on the Vertigo tour (until it was replaced by Miss Sarajevo)
    Until the end of the world – a major song on every tour since it was released, some of Edge’s best guitar work
    In a little while – obviously an big song on the Vertigo tour and surprisingly a big song on 360
  2. You just might want to add Sunday Bloody Sunday to the list.
  3. F**k yeah !!!
  4. The Electric Co. – A huge song from 1980 to 1987 and a big song on the Vertigo tour
    October – after a brief term as the intro to Tomorrow it became the natural intro to New year’s day from 1993 to 1989 until it disappeared in Australia on Lovetown
    Sunday Bloody Sunday – a key song on every tour from 1983 to 1987, and from 2001 until the present day ( It was left out on Lovetown, It only made brief appearances on ZOO TV & was played solo acoustic by Edge on Popmart)
    “40” – closed every show from 1983 to 1989 bar a few on Lovetown and made a welcome return on Vertigo (last played at last show of 360 in Moncton)
    A sort of homecoming – a huge song on the Unforgettable fire & Joshua tree tours. Played as a one off at Slane Castle 2001 as it was recorded there (and once badly as a fan on stage request also in 2001)
    MLK – the natural intro. To The unforgettable fire from 1984 to 1989 (alternated as intro. To One Tree Hill on Lovetown) and never too far from a standard until late 360 when it was replaced by Scarlet !!
    Bad – never released as a single but the live version on the “Wide awake in America” e.p. made it arguably the biggest fan favourite song from 1984 to the present day
    Bullet the blue sky – only left out on the 360 tour since it was first played in 1987. Used since ZOO TV as Edge’s big guitar solo song (and arguably his most convincing since Street mission in 1978 !!)
    Running to stand still – the natural follow up to Bullet the blue sky from 1987 to 1993 (though skipped a few times on Lovetown) and made a return on the Vertigo tour (until it was replaced by Miss Sarajevo)
    Until the end of the world – a major song on every tour since it was released, some of Edge’s best guitar work
    In a little while – obviously an big song on the Vertigo tour and surprisingly a big song on 360
  5. SBS was a single in Germany and the Netherlands. I may add Ultraviolet and Moment of Surrender to that list.
  6. On my other post "The strength and longevity of U2 singles over the years" I mentioned that Sunday bloody Sunday (Germany), "40" (Germany), In God's country (USA) and One tree hill (NZ) were also singles in some regions but I'm basing this on Ireland / UK / USA mainstream singles
  7. But tell me about Ultra violet / MOS please !!
  8. For many people, Ultraviolet is in their top 10 U2 songs, it was a live staple in 2 tours, it could be, along with Bad, the best song not released as a single. MOS is in my top 10 U2 songs, it is one of the best songs in the '00s and it was one of the few not dropped in the 360 tour.
  9. Fair enough I agree 100% about Ultraviolet ...

but MOS can't be judged yet - it was only played on one tour yet so is only in the same category as Shadows and tall trees, Another, time another place, Rejoice, With a shout, Scarlet, Indian summer sky, Wire, Trip through your wires, Hawkmoon 269, God part II, Trying to throw your arms around the world, So cruel, Baby face, Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car, New York, The ground beneath her feet, Miracle drug, Love and peace or else, Crumbs from your table, Yahweh, Fast cars, Breath, No line on the horizon & Unknown caller
  10. Very few songs of that list were played in practically every show of their respective tours.
  11. My point is that we can't see how many tours a song lasts for after 1 tour. OK so until next Thursday it's been played on every tour since its release