1. I'm 42. I've been listening to U2 bootlegs since I was 15. The youtube videos are great but listening to the amazing boots now from the first 2 shows with headphones all I hear is the best drummer, the best bass player, the best guitarist and the best singer - the best band - U2
  2. I agree with you. If it is between watching a YouTube video or listening to a bootleg, I always choose the bootleg. The music is everything. Take for example When Love Comes To Town from the 2nd i+e show. The music is fantastic, but if you see the video you see a girl awkwardly taping the band and not really knowing what she's doing. I've heard similar complains about the visuals for Invisible, but since I only listened to the audio, I liked it a lot.
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I agree with you. If it is between watching a YouTube video or listening to a bootleg, I always choose the bootleg. The music is everything. Take for example When Love Comes To Town from the 2nd i+e show. The music is fantastic, but if you see the video you see a girl awkwardly taping the band and not really knowing what she's doing. I've heard similar complains about the visuals for Invisible, but since I only listened to the audio, I liked it a lot.
    I get great enjoyment from watching the you tube clips each morning to see the new show but audio only is my first love. I was so impressed with Love comes to town. Great version. So far I think Adam and Larry are the back bone of the band. Bono is Bono but Edge is making lots of mistakes. He was doing too much show boating behind the drums on Out of control and completely missed the start of the solo !!
  4. (I also like audio bootlegs because they're not a constant reminder of how many years have passed since we got Red Rocks and then leave us wondering how many years are still left ahead... :/ )
  5. Seriously (or less seriously, depending on your point of view) I also have liked the bootlegs a lot more than the videos so far... I think Joey Ramone among others sound a lot better in its only audio form.
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Seriously (or less seriously, depending on your point of view) I also have liked the bootlegs a lot more than the videos so far... I think Joey Ramone among others sound a lot better in its only audio form.
    The whole damn thing show is better on audio
  7. Somehow the new songs are stronger without distraction
  8. I also prefer audio only bootlegs because I don't think a video can ever do justice to the experience of actually being in a live show. I've heard that U2 3D came close to replicating that, but I've never experienced that myself so I can't say for sure.

Concert films are not without merit, however.
  9. Plus you can do other things when just listening to the show.
  10. I can't -entirely- agree. like, when I listened to MW from night 2, all I heard was a solid performance with a solo fuck-up in between. when I watched the performance, I saw the fan that got onstage, singing back and forth with bono, I saw edge and bono jump at eachother, singing their hearts out, I saw adam swing that bass (which made me smile big time) ... I get all the points you guys mentioned, but video -does- deliver something, too, that audio doesn't just my 2 cents.
  11. Just listened to Vancouver 1 on my iPhone and it's a whole different game. Much higher appreciation of the show than with the videos.