1. welcome here
  2. Thanks to all of you for the nice welcome.
    By the way, I paid 38 cents for the book (+ 3 € for p+p).
    And to LikeASong: yes, some advice for Dublin would be nice.
  3. We're back from Ireland and loved it. Especially our daughter and me! We want to go back.....
    Dublin was great, though I didn't get to see much that was connected to U2. I saw the Trabi at the Hard Rock Café, the Wall of Fame and the Clarence Hotel. I had planned to go to Kilmainham Gaol and some other places but couldn't get that past my family.
  4. Oh Kerstin, I never got to see your advice request on here, forgive me! Glad you enjoyed Eire, it's an incredible place besides all the great Dublin stuff (so sad you couldn't make it to Kilmainham, it's a brilliant vistit - and haunting), and I totally understand that you already want to go back. And you will, believe me more than once
  5. Hi Kerstin

Nice to meet you. What part of Germany are you from? I am going at the end of October for a family event which means on the way back to Canada I can stop in and go to the U2 show in London!! I am glad you found the site, its the best on the web!
  6. That's okay, LikeASong. We really enjoyed everything in Ireland and 9 days were way too short for a trip round the country. We had 2 days in Northern Ireland, one in Westport, 1 near the Cliffs of Moher, 2 in Dingle, 1 in Cork and 2 in Dublin. Next time we'll probably concentrate on Dublin and Dingle, as those were the best places of those we visited.
    To jennagirl, I'm from the north of Germany, I live near Bremerhaven. You'll be having a family event in Germany? Whereabout?
  7. The Cliffs Of Moher and the whole Galway/Dingle area is Ireland's real treasure. Dublin and the East Coast is fine (and we of course have the U2 connection), but the West is another story... The feel, the scenary, the history. Ahhh! Haven't been to Cork myself (I never seem to find the time to do so - and I've been to Eire SIX times already!) but I agree that Dublin and the North have their charm as well, of course! Next time you will hopefully be able to focus a bit more on the U2 Dublin route
  8. Dublin always in my heart, i've been three times, hope the fourth time will be for Christmas for a u2 concert.
  9. Cork is a must-see, lost my heart there in more than one way
  10. I believe MacStripey, but unfortunately we didn't get to see much of Cork. We arrived around noon in the area, visited Blarney Castle and afterwards went to the Midleton Distillery (but the last tour had already started ) After that we just went back to the hotel because we were totally knackered.
  11. By the way, can anyone tell me how to change my profile picture? I tried some of the pictures I saved from the internet as part of my screensaver but they're all too big. I don't know how to make them smaller. I'd prefer a nice pic of The Edge.
    Thanks in advance.