1. Being from Michigan I have to agree for the most part on this crowd disccusion. I have been to three U2 shows all inside an arena. I was at the third leg of elevation the crowd was very loud and great. But the loudest for me was on the floor on Detroit on 10-27 vertigo tour. Being on the Floor was just an amazing time. I dont know it just depends where are in the arena I think. But hey we are all there to enjoy a great live show which they rarley ever mess that up.
  2. Originally posted by MWSAHFor those who've been there(unfortunately I was not one of them): was the roof of the Amsterdam ArenA open or closed during the concert?

The roof of that shitty building was closed. But is a noisy crowd a good crowd????? In Amsterdam I heard a lot of people making a lot of noise in an attempt to sing along with Bono. But I have heard 5 versions of every song around me. 80% do not even know the lyrics for god sake. Personaly I like the Italian crowds, becuase you hear their accent when they sing along. ( Oh yeah and the nice Italian ladies) Maybe the US crowds listen more to the performance. It all starts with the Music.

3. Originally posted by Jacko[..]

The roof of that shitty building was closed. But is a noisy crowd a good crowd????? In Amsterdam I heard a lot of people making a lot of noise in an attempt to sing along with Bono. But I have heard 5 versions of every song around me. 80% do not even know the lyrics for god sake. Personaly I like the Italian crowds, becuase you hear their accent when they sing along. ( Oh yeah and the nice Italian ladies) Maybe the US crowds listen more to the performance. It all starts with the Music.

The Arena was indeed quite noisy. I'm also trying to attend a U2 concert in Italy

The nice Italian ladies are good too

4. Italian audience is great too, Milan DVD proofs that..Can't wait to finally attend a U2 Concert..