1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    That's like a long, deep-as-I-can "whooooooo...."

Does this show (still) rank high amongst all the shows you attended?
    Having seen 50+ shows since 1983, its tough to pick any individual shows as favorites...The 2 indoor Zoo TV shows I saw were fantastic, I saw the April 18/20 shows above, plus three on the stadium leg, 12/20/87 would be a favorite of those. The first "close" show I saw wasn't until 4/24/01, (with my wife) so that is a fav too. I have lots of favorites!
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[...]
    The second night (1987-04-18 Los Angeles) was covered by "Brother" KM and for long I had assumed that this was actually referring to Keith M (as a "brother" of JEMS), but it is not. Now I'm not sure if it is the actual brother of Keith M, or a friend of his.
    [...]
    JEMS replied to my question on U2T regarding Brother KM that there is actually no direct relation to Keith M and Brother KM:

(JEMSHQ wrote: ) Brother KM is unrelated to KeithM. In fact, Brother KM is my cousin. He has been a longtime friend of the rest of the JEMS team and acquired the nickname among us of Brother KM. Hence the "in association with JEMS."

In point of fact he is KenM, if referring to him like KeithM. Different first name. Different last name. Not brothers.
    I really love to know these details. I mean, after all we are talking about most excellent and distinctive U2 vintages shows that we can relive and celebrate thanks to this wonderful and legendary tapers collective
  3. Originally posted by SvenR:I think you also updated the Vertigo Miami show of 14/11/2005.
    Especially love Beautiful Day with a powerful Sgt. Peppers snippet
    And Bad with the People Have The Power snippet.
    That's right!

Yes, the bootleg came up in General Chat by a link that our friend bazzz shared and that triggered me to have a look at our own database and the original info file to see how it was shared in the first place. And, well, let's say it was indeed due for an update!

Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Although it is a bit of an odd place to link to a bootleg, I will update our 2005-11-14 Miami FL show page / audio tab with this incredible 2-source stereo IEM feed

(Recorded by NS, remastered by Sharebear and brought to us by ThePhog - unfortunately we only had mp3's of this recording while it was in fact requested not to share mp3's of this. I hope to make it right by putting up the flacs asap)
  4. Originally posted by Chrisedge:[..]
    Having seen 50+ shows since 1983, its tough to pick any individual shows as favorites...The 2 indoor Zoo TV shows I saw were fantastic, I saw the April 18/20 shows above, plus three on the stadium leg, 12/20/87 would be a favorite of those. The first "close" show I saw wasn't until 4/24/01, (with my wife) so that is a fav too. I have lots of favorites!
    I think I know what you mean: from the 30+ shows that I have seen, I think at least a third of them will rank amongst my favorites

I'm not complete familiar with the term "close" show but it sure got my imagination running! Funny enough the first shows that my husband and I attended together were also during Elevation

Did you also start recording during Elevation, or not until the Vertigo Tour?
  5. Close, as in against a rail I shared 4 elevation shows. An incomplete 4/17/2001 that I did on a MD recorder, I bought my DAT setup during the summer and did 11/13, 11/18 and 11/19/2001.

However, I attempted to record as early as December of 1987. I screwed up both Tempe shows, loaded a tape wrong in April of 1992, Sat miles away in June of 1997. Taping wasn't as easy when you had no clue how to do it, and no internet to ask questions on.
  6. Originally posted by Chrisedge:Close, as in against a rail I shared 4 elevation shows. An incomplete 4/17/2001 that I did on a MD recorder, I bought my DAT setup during the summer and did 11/13, 11/18 and 11/19/2001.

However, I attempted to record as early as December of 1987. I screwed up both Tempe shows, loaded a tape wrong in April of 1992, Sat miles away in June of 1997. Taping wasn't as easy when you had no clue how to do it, and no internet to ask questions on.
    LOL

My American friends had a different term for that: TOTS...
    (only applicable to girls...I guess...and originating from small venue shows when there is no actually rail...)
  7. Great opportunity to update the 2001-11-13 Los Angeles, Staples Center 2 show page / audio tab

Turns out we had the Chrisedge recording uncredited in our database with some terrible mp3's as a 2 star bootleg

Back in the days this recording was shared in the then common SHN format and coming with a disclaimer that reads: "DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3" and "I only want the original files distributed."

The least I could do was:
    1) to give proper credit as to taper and lineage
    2) to add the lossless version - where I took the liberty of converting SHN to FLAC via TLH and Frondend FLAC (level 8)
    3) to remove the badly encoded mp3's and replace them with some fresh ones straight from the master.*
    4) Give proper rating: 4 stars. For it has a very clear sound, although slightly compromised by clapping and near-by screamer(s) - I think, btw, this master is a great candidate for iZotope treatment (De-Click aka De-clap + manual Spectral Repair to remove most of the annoying screams...).

*Chris, I hope that this is OK with you. If not, I'll take them out.
  8. Impressive work all around Joyce I hope I have more spare time in the upcoming months to start helping with bootlegs again!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:Impressive work all around Joyce I hope I have more spare time in the upcoming months to start helping with bootlegs again!
    Any next assignment of ActungBootlegs will yield LoveTown

(JT is mine )

BTW: I've also updated Tothout + Werchter 83 ...only now de-humming my own "repaired" broadcast
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

(JT is mine )

BTW: I've also updated Tothout + Werchter 83 ...only now de-humming my own "repaired" broadcast
    thanks a lot
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

(JT is mine )

I would be really glad to help out with Lovetown
  12. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Great opportunity to update the 2001-11-13 Los Angeles, Staples Center 2 show page / audio tab

Turns out we had the Chrisedge recording uncredited in our database with some terrible mp3's as a 2 star bootleg

Back in the days this recording was shared in the then common SHN format and coming with a disclaimer that reads: "DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3" and "I only want the original files distributed."

The least I could do was:
    1) to give proper credit as to taper and lineage
    2) to add the lossless version - where I took the liberty of converting SHN to FLAC via TLH and Frondend FLAC (level 8)
    3) to remove the badly encoded mp3's and replace them with some fresh ones straight from the master.*
    4) Give proper rating: 4 stars. For it has a very clear sound, although slightly compromised by clapping and near-by screamer(s) - I think, btw, this master is a great candidate for iZotope treatment (De-Click aka De-clap + manual Spectral Repair to remove most of the annoying screams...).

*Chris, I hope that this is OK with you. If not, I'll take them out.
    Feel free to share as MP3s if you want. I have no issue with that anymore, as it's pretty common. And you can always check/find lossless stuff now.