2015-07-31 - New York
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 1
  1. They can start with dismantling the free WIFI @ MSG. That might help !
  2. on the last concert I went I did pics and videos on the songs I liked more, to really save the memory, the rest of the concert I didn't even picked my phone
  3. EBW is picking up steam live. It's an incredible moment and the audience is getting louder during the chorus with each show.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

You reckon this is American audience? Let's see. I'm sure the phone thing is the same in Europe but if there will be less drunk and stoned people I'm already happier. Bring it on, Europe leg!
    Def not just an American thing. The phone obsession is a worldwide epidemic. I love the technology but some people go over board for sure.
  5. Originally posted by nicocoppens:The number of 'drunk/uninterested/videorecording every song/getting drinks/checking their cellphones' people was also very striking to me. Right in front of me there was a guy talking to the guy standing next to him almost the whole first part of the set, telling this neighbour what was next to come because he has seen the band already in Vancouver. WTF !
    It's a pity and you just have to try to ignore them and enjoy the music and the experience And that's what I did

In Neeeeeeeewwww Yooooork!

Irish, Italians, Jews and Hispanics
    Drunken schmucks and phone wielding fanatics...

The desire to "be seen" and show everyone they are there overpowers the reason they are. And overshadows how much they paid for a ticket just to get drunk...
  6. Originally posted by Remy:Btw one other thing I noticed was that still half of the pricey seats first ring center were empty around 8:30, hence U2 started a bit late. Can't believe how many people turn up this late.

This, I can confirm, is generally an American thing!
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

In Neeeeeeeewwww Yooooork!

Irish, Italians, Jews and Hispanics
    Drunken schmucks and phone wielding fanatics...

The desire to "be seen" and show everyone they are there overpowers the reason they are. And overshadows how much they paid for a ticket just to get drunk...
    And this only happens in one state in one country right? Ridiculous.
  8. a) of course not. don't be so sensitive my NY friend. I was making a play on words (see first 3 lines)

b) the right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear.
  9. a) of course not. don't be so sensitive my NY friend. I was making a play on words (see first 3 lines)

10. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    a) of course not. don't be so sensitive my NY friend. I was making a play on words (see first 3 lines)

Sorry. Just reading pages of comments about people drinking and being on their phones during shows like it only happens in NY and America got me a little agitated. I've been to shows all over and there's drunk/high idiots everywhere!
  11. sorry if I sounded sort of insulting on American audience or something, that was not my intention..... had a tough day and maybe chose the wrong words. Apologies
  12. No worries. I get it... Thing about us 'Mericans... there's a little bit of them in all of us somewhere down the line!

The Irish have been coming here for years
    Acting like they own the place
    They got the airport, city hall, concrete, asphalt
    They even got the police