1. Still here.
  2. and what of the next generation? and the generation after that, and so on.
  3. This video sums all this climate offset tax bulls*it perfectly. All this is is a redistribution of wealth. I wish Australia would follow America and pull out of the Paris agreement.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-0Rtystv7dc

As for actual climate change, there are too many other factors that get overlooked for me to believe that man is to blame, such as:
    • The earth isn't moving around the sun the exact same course it used to.
    • Earth's magnetic north has shifted.
    • People changing data records (see an article called "14 is the new 15" mentioned in the above video).

Then there are things like the fact that there is fossilized forests being discovered under the ice in Antarctica. So once upon a time the climate on Antarctica was warm enough for forestry to grow.

Also, CO2 gets released when something heats up. So is it a fact of the extra CO2 causing the earth to heat up, or is it that the Earth is heating up due to factors mentioned above and it's causing more CO2 to be in the atmosphere?

And lastly, what is so bad about CO2?? It is what plants need to grow! People pump the stuff into greenhouses. And I mean, we breath the stuff out! Could it just be overpopulation causing more CO2 to be around?

I just think in 100 or 200 years (or however long) when the earth is cooling and the CO2 levels are going down, this generation are going to look like complete Muppets.

But anyways, I do believe that we are treating the earth like crap and something needs to be done to reduce waste etc. But as for us changing the climate... I don't think so.

And yes, I have done an extensive amount of research on the subject.

P.s the whole "97% of scientists agree" is complete bogus.
  4. Wow.

5. Well that's one thing you're right about. The actual number is 99.9%,
    https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0270467617707079?journalCode=bsta
    Quite simply, there is no scientific debate about whether humans have caused climate change.

During 2013 and 2014, only 4 of 69,406 authors of peer-reviewed articles on global warming, 0.0058% or 1 in 17,352, rejected AGW. Thus, the consensus on AGW among publishing scientists is above 99.99%

People won't be shocked to learn that all 4 of those authors had their studies funded by oil and energy companies.
  6. Originally posted by cleazer:[..]

Well that's one thing you're right about. The actual number is 99.9%,
    Quite simply, there is no scientific debate about whether humans have caused climate change.

During 2013 and 2014, only 4 of 69,406 authors of peer-reviewed articles on global warming, 0.0058% or 1 in 17,352, rejected AGW. Thus, the consensus on AGW among publishing scientists is above 99.99%

People won't be shocked to learn that all 4 of those authors had their studies funded by oil and energy companies.
    Haha do you believe all the media articles that get spoon fed to you?

I've worked in data and statistics my whole working career and I can tell you there are so many holes in the "97% agree" statement. They used subsets of data and along the way many scientists took a neutral stance to climate change got taken out of their data.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/10/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle/

But, I suppose if the mainstream media tell you something you should believe it hey?
  7. Originally posted by colbourne25:This video sums all this climate offset tax bulls*it perfectly. All this is is a redistribution of wealth. I wish Australia would follow America and pull out of the Paris agreement.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-0Rtystv7dc

As for actual climate change, there are too many other factors that get overlooked for me to believe that man is to blame, such as:
    • The earth isn't moving around the sun the exact same course it used to.
    • Earth's magnetic north has shifted.
    • People changing data records (see an article called "14 is the new 15" mentioned in the above video).

The biggest thing man can do is to start living a plant based life. Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions (http://templatelab.com/livestock-and-climate-change/, http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/study-claims-meat-creates-half-of-all-greenhouse-gases-1812909.html).

So yeah the Paris agreement is bollocks as the measures there are nowhere near enough to change anything. Also because it conveniently excluded airport transportation from the entire agreement as economics are still put above a habitable planet. Short term over long term.
  8. Go veggie
  9. Originally posted by Remy:So yeah the Paris agreement is bollocks as the measures there are nowhere near enough to change anything.

We passed the tipping point decades ago, there's no stopping it now. It's just a question of how we're going to adapt and deal with it.
  10. Originally posted by cleazer:[..]

Well that's one thing you're right about. The actual number is 99.9%,

+1. We've known that greenhouse gases cause our climate to warm for more than 100 years now. People who deny the results of climate science should be consistent, and also deny the result of all the science (there's always someone who disagrees -- statistically, it's noise). So please don't go to hospital, refuse treatment, don't trust bridges, and so on.

There's always new tipping points and it's never to late to buy an electric car, stop flying, and so on. Every kg of CO2 we emit in the atmosphere can be measured in a certain number of displaced, or dead, people a few decades down the line.

But yes: realistically, the world will not be carbon-free before 2100, if that. And, by that time, the climate will have warmed by 3 or 4 degrees.

I go to the mountains regularly, and I know what a 0.5 or 1 degree difference can make in the landscape: the ice melts, very quickly.

Think of all the ice lying at low altitude at the poles. It's melting into water. Sea levels will rise. At 3 or 4 degrees, it will be difficult to grow crops south of latitude 35/40. Hundreds of millions will be displaced. Liberal democracies will be a thing of the past. It's not sci-fi; it's what our best science says. It's grim. And it will be real, soon. It is already in some parts of the world, e.g. Australia.
  11. During the Pleistocene Ice Age, nearly one-third of the Earth’s land was covered by glaciers. That was about 4mm years ago. So whatever humans have contributed to warming over the past 200,000 years has at worst simply accelerated a long-term trend.

Bear in mind that in about 5 billion years the sun will have turned into a red giant and have turned the earth into a piece of charcoal. Due to the ever increasing brightness of the sun humans probably only have about 1 billion years left on earth anyway.

Go ahead, eat that hamburger, buy the SUV and fly on as many vacations as you can. Earth is doomed.
  12. Originally posted by ap5:During the Pleistocene Ice Age, nearly one-third of the Earth’s land was covered by glaciers. That was about 4mm years ago. So whatever humans have contributed to warming over the past 200,000 years has at worst simply accelerated a long-term trend.

Bear in mind that in about 5 billion years the sun will have turned into a red giant and have turned the earth into a piece of charcoal. Due to the ever increasing brightness of the sun humans probably only have about 1 billion years left on earth anyway.

Go ahead, eat that hamburger, buy the SUV and fly on as many vacations as you can. Earth is doomed.
    Yeah our children will grow up in a far different world than we have. It's waiting for wars that will rage on drinking water rather than oil.