Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Concerti: 54
  1. Is it just me or is it crazy that the killers will be playing at Hyde park on the same day u2 are playing twickenham. Londons going to be absolutely mobbed.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Is it just me or is it crazy that the killers will be playing at Hyde park on the same day u2 are playing twickenham. Londons going to be absolutely mobbed.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Brandon and Dave from the Killers dont show up on stage at the Sunday show they supported U2 in the US on the Vertigo tour and are massively influenced by U2 and of course friends too..
  3. Playing these Joshua Tree shows kind of makes sense, now that I think about it - 2015 they did Innocence, and now they're doing JT, which was their rise to superstardom - and next year, they'll be doing Experience. It seems like a very sensible thing to do in the middle.
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Playing these Joshua Tree shows kind of makes sense, now that I think about it - 2015 they did Innocence, and now they're doing JT, which was their rise to superstardom - and next year, they'll be doing Experience. It seems like a very sensible thing to do in the middle.
    Exactly the way I'm trying to positively interpret this string of events...even if it seems more likely in the end that they just didn't finish SOE in time for this year.
  5. I see Ed Sheeran is playing a couple of nights in 3 Arena (The Point Depot) in Dublin as opposed to his rumoured Croke Park gig which many thought precluded U2 from announcing another JT show there...
  6. Originally posted by badirishcharlie:I see Ed Sheeran is playing a couple of nights in 3 Arena (The Point Depot) in Dublin as opposed to his rumoured Croke Park gig which many thought precluded U2 from announcing another JT show there...
    The mystery continues.
  7. Paris 2 tickets arrived today
  8. Just reading that @U2 column about Willie Williams and the Joshua Tree 2017 tour-

He just seems like such a cool dude. He always seems really enthusiastic, he doesn't beat around the bush and he seems like a cool brain to pick when it comes to stage production. He was also the guy (at least during 360) who tries to get the band to play different songs than they usually play (IIRC he was the one who got them to play Mercy, and at least try Trying To Throw Your Arms - probably Drowning Man too). I'd love to have a beer with him and talk U2.
  9. Anyone received collectors tickets yet? I thought I saw a couple of them already printed and send out.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Just reading that @U2 column about Willie Williams and the Joshua Tree 2017 tour-

He just seems like such a cool dude. He always seems really enthusiastic, he doesn't beat around the bush and he seems like a cool brain to pick when it comes to stage production. He was also the guy (at least during 360) who tries to get the band to play different songs than they usually play (IIRC he was the one who got them to play Mercy, and at least try Trying To Throw Your Arms - probably Drowning Man too). I'd love to have a beer with him and talk U2.
    I've just finished reading it and found it really interesting. I like the way he uses the word 'we' a lot which suggests the tightness he has with the band. Not surprising really considering how long he's worked along side them but it seems like his input is quite substantial. The Rolling stone interviews with edge, Adam and willie have continued to build the excitement ahead of this tour.

11. I know I'll be wrong with this prediction, but from the minute I saw the footprint of the stage on TM I pictured the same Joshua Tree backdrop from '87, but built into a video screen that goes the length of the stage. Not unlike how they added the "POPMART" text to that video screen.