Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Quoting their original email,

"The chorus to Ordinary Love and one of the songs that might - MIGHT - turn up in the new show.
    In fact, the word from Show Director Willie Williams is that there’s an idea to feature you all singing the chorus of Ordinary Love on The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.
    Singing it in ordinary situations: walking the dog, on the treadmill, at the supermarket, doing the ironing, baking a cake, driving the car, in the shower…
    It’s early days and the idea might not make the cut…. but you could make the difference.
    Can you see yourself on screen at the show ? In the chorus, backing the band as they play Ordinary Love?
    If you can, please get it our way by MAY 1ST."

Just in case their capital letters didn't come through effectively enough, I will remark them:

The chorus to Ordinary Love and one of the songs that might - MIGHT - turn up in the new show.

MIGHT.

They never promised anything.
    Maybe they thought it didn't fit and they are going to use it for the I+E Tour.
  2. Hope they never use it.
  3. Why is Bono so insecure about his harmonica skills?
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Quoting their original email,

"The chorus to Ordinary Love and one of the songs that might - MIGHT - turn up in the new show.
    In fact, the word from Show Director Willie Williams is that there’s an idea to feature you all singing the chorus of Ordinary Love on The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.
    Singing it in ordinary situations: walking the dog, on the treadmill, at the supermarket, doing the ironing, baking a cake, driving the car, in the shower…
    It’s early days and the idea might not make the cut…. but you could make the difference.
    Can you see yourself on screen at the show ? In the chorus, backing the band as they play Ordinary Love?
    If you can, please get it our way by MAY 1ST."

Just in case their capital letters didn't come through effectively enough, I will remark them:

The chorus to Ordinary Love and one of the songs that might - MIGHT - turn up in the new show.

MIGHT.

They never promised anything.
    Ok, you are right...it rather suggest the possibilty of playing OL, nothing more, nothing less.
    Perhaps not enough enthusiasm from the fans...
    pity...

BTW: thanks for the extra trouble of hightlighting the crucial sentence! Makes me feel real stupid, not?

5. Same!

I think the last time it was done on a regular tour show was Elevation?
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Ok, you are right...it rather suggest the possibilty of playing OL, nothing more, nothing less.
    Perhaps not enough enthusiasm from the fans...
    pity...

BTW: thanks for the extra trouble of hightlighting the crucial sentence! Makes me feel real stupid, not?
    hahaha it felt just right, sorry They themselves highlighted it. Which sounded strange to me in the first place, I had the feeling they weren't sure about it. They might have received 3 usable videos or so and they scrapped the idea
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    hahaha it felt just right, sorry They themselves highlighted it. Which sounded strange to me in the first place, I had the feeling they weren't sure about it. They might have received 3 usable videos or so and they scrapped the idea
    Hahaha! All good
    Just the thought that they already highlighted the "might" themselves...
    Really encouraging...
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Hahaha! All good
    Just the thought that they already highlighted the "might" themselves...
    Really encouraging...
    hahaha yeah, confidence in themselves
  9. Yeah, they played it a handful of times (like seven or eight?) on Elevation, the only time since Lovetown except the Roxy show - even on Lovetown and TJT they played it once each, I think (maybe slightly more on Lovetown). The last time 11 O'Clock was regular was on The Unforgettable Fire Tour... God, it's time that song had a comeback.
  10. Thoughts on Miss Sarajevo?