1. Originally posted by deanallison:Since there’s been a bit of iem talk over in another thread I’ve got a question regarding potential recordings of a song. What I want to know is does anyone on here either have or know of the existence of an iem recording of Crumbs from your table live? It’s one of the few songs that u2 have played live where there isn’t a soundboard, iem, that sort of level recording and no official recording either.

Yes, there is. Show and sound checks. Probably will be released someday but there is no time table on it.
  2. Nice one, thank you for the information. Would love to hear it one day.
  3. Part of a much bigger project. But glad you enjoyed!
  4. Originally posted by nunomoreira1:[..]
    You're welcome. Pretty much every show since Popmart was taped in IEM so they exist. The soudchecks/ rehearsals are the rarest ones to find because not many people taped that but there are still some out there. There are also some really rare iem's from Zootv tour, yes they exist too.

ZooTV IEM’s???

That’s honestly mind-blowing. Had no idea the tech went back that far. Crazy.

I’d love to know what pro-shot stuff is circulating in collectors’ circles. Anything from Lovetown?
  5. Originally posted by chrissybaby:[..]

ZooTV IEM’s???

I’d love to know what pro-shot stuff is circulating in collectors’ circles. Anything from Lovetown?
    Yep, Zoo Tv iems. If you see some videos from Zoo Tv you can see the band members wearing the earpieces.

There are some pro shots from the Joshua Tree, maybe one complete show from Lovetown tour, more Pro shot shows from Zoo Tv and also a few from Popmart. Also, there are unreleased soundboards from several tours. I think some of them will be released but there's no time frame for that.
  6. Yes I saw their early earpiece on my zooropa tour photos
  7. "There's a clicktrack in your ear... If you scratch it won't disappear"
    -> Proof that they used IEM during Popmart
  8. Originally posted by chrissybaby:[..]

ZooTV IEM’s???

Found a good article on the history of in ear monitors.

IEM tech actually goes back to the mid 70's it seems, but only started to go more mainstream in the mid 1990's when the tech was there to personalise them better and use them for comms during performance.

Though IEM tech was in use throughout the 1992/3 Zoo TV tour U2 isn't referred to in the article.
  9. To my knowledge without IEM No Bstage action would be possible as band would be Lost in hearing themaselves Over PA... just try speaking over microphone With PA all around you
  10. Far better than wedges.
  11. U2 started Zoo TV using IEM for the B stage (they had to) and Bono started using them for most of the show during the first leg. I think around Outside Broadcast time they all began using it except Adam. He was the last to come around to it. I think during Popmart.
    They basically sounded like a mono crew feed and did not have the counting in we are familiar with now.
  12. Sounds interesting! Damn, did I almost detect a Reggae Dalton Brothers intro into TTYW!