1. --
  2. --
  3. Well it's too late, tonight
    To drag the past out into the light
    We're one, but we're not the same
    We get to carry each other
    Carry each other
    One...
  4. I have an IEM of the the first Barcelona show but it’s the most mono sounding recording in the history of IEMs and honestly you could get more enjoyment out of a stereo IEM with a bad frequency. I’d say wait for Nuno’s version (if it ever comes out).
  5. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:I have an IEM of the the first Barcelona show but it’s the most mono sounding recording in the history of IEMs and honestly you could get more enjoyment out of a stereo IEM with a bad frequency. I’d say wait for Nuno’s version (if it ever comes out).
    What gear was used for the mono IEM recording that you have?
  6. Bump!

Originally posted by IwillFOLLOW:Hello out there!
    I will try my luck as a new IEM trader (i am not a taper!) and have only two of them to offer.
    If anyone is interested: pm please.
    Thanks and greetings from germany
    Frank
    P.S. I mean not recordings that are available for free download!
  7. quick one for tapers out there, what causes vocals to distort on an iem? but music stays clear?
  8. Depends a bit. Possible options

1. It's a vocals heavy mix, and the levels are too hot, so anything loud (vocals in this case) distorts.
    2. Monitor engineer is overloading on the mix/transmitter side. Can happen usually in case on sibilance. Happened in 2011 where the monitor engineer boosted frequecies on Bono's vocals above 4k on his feed, causing distortion and crackle on the sibilance.
    3. Post production on the iem feed, could be bad mastering.
    4. Type of receiver. Some scanners can magnify issues with the mix, or if you're using a Sennheiser receiver with a Shure transmitter (ie mismatched systems)

Kinda depends on the type of distortion you're getting.
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Depends a bit. Possible options

1. It's a vocals heavy mix, and the levels are too hot, so anything loud (vocals in this case) distorts.
    2. Monitor engineer is overloading on the mix/transmitter side. Can happen usually in case on sibilance. Happened in 2011 where the monitor engineer boosted frequecies on Bono's vocals above 4k on his feed, causing distortion and crackle on the sibilance.
    4. Type of receiver. Some scanners can magnify issues with the mix, or if you're using a Sennheiser receiver with a Shure transmitter (ie mismatched systems)

Shure Receiver with Sennheiser transmitters can cause silibants depending on the original mix or plug ins used.
  10. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Depends a bit. Possible options

Thanks for the reply Hoserama,

Vocals seemed distorted on the night from PA also, one of the loudest concerts ive ever attended...but thats a side note. Is there any post production I could do to soften it? or am I stuck with what I got? Its a crackling sound. Ill try post a short sample.
  11. Originally posted by hindutimes01:[..]
    Thanks for the reply Hoserama,

Vocals seemed distorted on the night from PA also, one of the loudest concerts ive ever attended...but thats a side note. Is there any post production I could do to soften it? or am I stuck with what I got? Its a crackling sound. Ill try post a short sample.
    iZotope RX 11 Audio Editor include several tools which may help
  12. Thank you!
    I can only find RX 10 on the iZotope website, but I assume it will do the trick, seems to provide all features needed? I will try working with this, cleaning up some recordings I did for practise (not U2, as I am still getting used to taping and started with small gigs/local bands/own bands).