1. He stole the show during what was a lacklustre performance up until he arrived on stage.

I'm shocked. One of the most prolific songwriters of the last 35 years gone way too early. An enigmatic character but definitely an unrivalled one. I just couldn't accept it initially - I thought, knowing his arcane attitude, he would say he was alive and announce a new album. Just not to be. And to think I had the chance to see him in Glasgow, but rather saw Kasabian at a small club show instead. Wish I had taken the opportunity. I once tried to buy all of his albums but it's too much of a feat.

Rest in Peace.

2. Rest in prince

3. officialchriscornell
    Pubblicato il 21 apr 2016
    Prince’s music is the soundtrack to the soulful and beautiful universe he created, and we have all been privileged to be part of that amazing world.
    I performed his song "Nothing Compares 2 U" for the first time a couple months ago. It has a timeless relevance for me and practically everyone I know.
    Sadly, now his own lyrics in this song could not be more relevant than at this moment, and I sing them now in reverence as I pay tribute to this unequaled artist who has given all of our lives so much inspiration and made the world so much more interesting.
    We will miss you Prince!!!
  4. What a horrible shock this was. I'd heard he was poorly the other day with the whole flight episode but didn't think anything of it.

Too young, too much talent gone...
    rest in a whole lot of beautiful noise the purple one.
  5. On a sidenote this whole Paisley Park complex thing is fascinating, even has its own concert venue within it.

Would be cool if U2 had some sort of complex built like that, call it Lypton Village or something like that, fill it with tour memorabilia, stage props, and hold their own private parties and performances there.
  6. Dearly beloved

We are gathered here today
    To get through this thing called life

Electric word: life
    It means forever and that's a mighty long time
    But I'm here to tell you
    There's something else
    The afterworld

A world of never ending happiness
    You can always see the sun, day or night

7. Most definitely one ot the best tributes paid to Prince
  8. i know links can't be posted here but there is a free download for the bruce springsteen purple rain song on his official concert release site
  9. Originally posted by evman:i know links can't be posted here but there is a free download for the bruce springsteen purple rain song on his official concert release site
    If it's legally free for download, I think a link should be okay.