1. Originally posted by clover68:he's in very good form this year, uhm not his foot though
    better than in GnFR? probably ACDC songs are easier to sing
    however those few gigs were very good
    hope he doesn't push himself too much for what's coming at the end of june
    the acdc songs are way harder to sing, only fast high songs, guns n roses have a lot of slow songs or low range songs that axl doesn't need to sing that high, but acdc is punch after punch
  2. Saw them last week in Belgium and it was amazing! Axl was great!

I find an AC/DC concert too much of the same but Axl his approach to songs made it really great!! Loved it! Hope they release a live CD
  3. meanwhile he took off the dust from this gem, not played since ... milleniums

4. not that this has to pass over silence

5. glad to see him stand and walk .. almost ready to run again on stage
  6. I was at the AC/DC gig in Prague last Sunday, so I post a review and some pics. It was my first time seeing them and to be honest, I didn't know much about them, but I have heard and read so many positive things about their shows that I thought I should check them out.

Okay, let's get this off my chest at the very beginning - Axl Rose was great. When Brian announced his departure a couple of months ago, I was sure I would return my ticket, since as much as I was curious, this was not a show I felt like I had to see whatever it takes, and since the tickets were anything but cheap, I thought I could not see why should I pay that for an Angus-And-Friends show. Then Axl was announced as the singer, which I thought was beyond wierd, but interesting. I never thought I would go to see Axl, but this connection looked like it might be a complete disaster or a very interesting collaboration. I decided to wait for the first shows and after I read all those positive comments and saw some clips on the internet, I finally decided to go.

Now, the whole evening was full of nice surprises, starting with excellent weather, very good organization (except of the fact that there was no parking in the whole area and the underground was the only way to get to / from the venue. I have been to many concerts, bigger than this one, but the sight of nearly 60.000 people heading towards literally one spot after the show is something I will never forget) and finally the gig itself.

There have been a lot of bad things said about Axl, which of course added to the generally bad reception of the news he would sing with AC/DC. Just as I read about the previous gigs, there was absolutely nothing to complain about him on Sunday. The concert started even fifteen minutes earlier than was announced (at 7.45 pm!), which was the first nice surprise. The next one was, that Axl's wasn't sitting in his chair due to his leg anymore, (which he wasn't since the Vienna gig three days earlier, as I learned afterwards) and he was actually pacing the stage up and down and visiting the b-stage all the time. Most importantly - he sang perfectly. Again, I am not really a fan of his, but I have to admit I enjoyed it tremendously. In between the songs he did some talking, did his best to cheer people up, which was an impossible task - very rarely have I been in such a dead audience. A little applause after each song and then silence...yeap, it looked like a lot of people were there to drink beer and eat sausages...I never understood how can someone justify paying 100+ Euro for a concert and then spend most of the time in the queues for beer and sausages. I guess it must had been quite frustrating for those up on the stage, but neither Axl nor Angus let that affect their performance. Angus was exactly as I supposed he would be - running up and down the stage, doing his duck walk, shaking his head for more than two hours :-) Seriously - his playing was absolutely perfect, seemed even better than what I thought after watching some DVDs. As a very casual fan, I had the best time during You Shook Me All Night Long, Highway to Hell, Back In Black, Thunderstruck, Dirty Deeds... but all songs worked really well. About the sound - everybody says that the AC/DC concerts are the loudest ever, and...yes, this was by far the loudest one I have ever heard. Not that my ears would be ringing the next day, I was fine a couple of minutes after the gig, but it was really really loud and even thought the sound was very good for an outdoor gig, I think a bit lower sound level would help the clarity, the guitar sometimes drowned everything else. But no complains really, I understand that an AC/DC gig must be loud, so it was loud.

As this was my first time seeing the band, I can't compare it with the "standard" lineup and some people will therefore simply say I don't know what I am talking about. A lot of people are very melodramatic about the current situation, almost (or maybe actually) writing petitions to boycott the current AC/DC. I like the comment someone posted on other forum: "Problems of the first-world countries." But when it comes down to it, it is just about two hours of music and having some fun. We can discuss whether it is still AC/DC, or not. As for me, they can call themselves ABCDEFG, I just had a wonderful time and that 's what matters. I know, I have the strange advantage of not being a huge fan, not having any sort of emotional attachment to the band, so it is easy for me to take the situation as it is and just enjoy it.

7. listening to Werchter and who's missing in there is Malcolm
  8. Originally posted by Happy24:I was at the AC/DC gig in Prague last Sunday, so I post a review and some pics. It was my first time seeing them and to be honest, I didn't know much about them, but I have heard and read so many positive things about their shows that I thought I should check them out.

(...)

Thanks for your extensive review, Happy24! Glad you enjoyed the show so much, and glad you were (positively) surprised.

Are these your photos?
  9. Yeap, those are my photos :-)
  10. Well, both actually. There might have been 10 or so people in front of me, plus the gap between the rail and the stage, which is not small. So I was not as close as it seems from the pictures of course, but I was pretty close - in the front part of the FOS sector very close to the catwalk. Having 60.000 people behind you is always a nice feeling :-)