1. You really want to compare it?
  2. Compare the two songs? That's not what I'm doing. Comparing the scenarios? Yep, bring it.

I said this in the SoE thread - but U2 won't have a hit single these days without pissing off a large part of the fanbase. It needs to sound modern, and to do that, it won't be what many U2 fans want to hear. Like it or not, the classic U2 sound is far from modern.
  3. You can have a hit single without being EDM crap
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Compare the two songs? That's not what I'm doing. Comparing the scenarios? Yep, bring it.

I said this in the SoE thread - but U2 won't have a hit single these days without pissing off a large part of the fanbase. It needs to sound modern, and to do that, it won't be what many U2 fans want to hear. Like it or not, the classic U2 sound is far from modern.
    That's very reminiscent of what happened with The Fly.
  5. Awful song.
  6. Is the only version available the fan recording that Kygo played live at a festival?
  7. There were Beach clips but I think Bono was just blasting out the Kygo remix? I can't remember.

8. Remember it well, I thought WTF... was waiting for Bono to burst into a high note, was only when the guitar solo kicked in when I thought it sounded ok.
  9. I loved it - so much so that I hope that "Kygo Remix" is the version that comes out as the album version.

GET AT ME, PUNKS.

It's a way better single than Little Things would be, anyway. (not a better SONG, a better single)
  10. I guess this should be here. From Amsterdam

11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I loved it - so much so that I hope that "Kygo Remix" is the version that comes out as the album version.

GET AT ME, PUNKS.

It's a way better single than Little Things would be, anyway. (not a better SONG, a better single)
    I'll be quite happy whatever version makes it. I do agree however that it would make a better single than the Little Things despite not being as good a Song in my opinion. I didn't think this at first but The Little Things does have more of an album track sound to it which I actually consider a good thing as some of my favourite u2 songs were album tracks (or non singles).
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'll be quite happy whatever version makes it. I do agree however that it would make a better single than the Little Things despite not being as good a Song in my opinion. I didn't think this at first but The Little Things does have more of an album track sound to it which I actually consider a good thing as some of my favourite u2 songs were album tracks (or non singles).
    Yep. Agreed.