1. I voted "it's great". It has a nice vibe to it and, unlike 99.9% of the things you hear at EDM/Dance Raves/Whatever it's called, it actually has meaningful lyrics and isn't inundated with base drops. Of course, I can see why people don't like it. Then again, those types of people aren't the type of people you would find going to an EDM event, which is exact where this showed up.

But it doesn't make sense to use this track as a forecast for the next album. For one, when an EDM artist like Kygo announces that this is a "collaboration", you have to understand that this isn't a collaboration in the sense we may think. My guess is that U2 produced a track and simply released it to Kygo to produce his remix. Their interaction from a musical standpoint may be no more than one party handing a flashdrive to the other.

You say this now as a joke, but Larry's going to read this and push the album back by two more years.
  2. I swayed between "Good but hope another version is on the album" and "could be better", but I landed on the latter. While I think it's a good song (when you strip away the EDM and listen to the melody), the melody I thought was too pretty sounding for a supposed "rock" album SOE is aiming to be.