1. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:If it was different you guys would be like: "It should have been the 87 version with new vocals, they are ruining the song now."
    I question the whole purpose of re-recording a past album, and while we're at it, going in a nostalgia tour. It goes against everything they have said in the past. They can rationalize it however they want, but it feels like a quick money grab. Adding insult to injury, the over priced n-th re-release of the JT album.
    You mention: if they had re-recorded RHMT exactly as in the 87 version, we would be complaining too. That is exactly my point: the band couldn't win anyway with this re-recording, so why doing it then?
  2. I think this is their way to promote SOE. Their fear that it won't be a major success.
  3. Why don't people just look forward to and enjoy the tour instead of looking at the rights and wrongs of it. Same with this release, who cares if it goes against something Bono said in the year 19 whatever we're getting to hear one of the few great unplayed songs live amongst a few rarities and instead of being in the studio saying nothing for a further 6 months we've got a tour to fill the time. Why do people need to make a big deal about it? If you don't fancy it don't buy a ticket and wait til SOE and if you do fancy it buy a ticket and look forward to it. Same for this release buy it if you want it and if not then don't.
  4. I don't understand why they intentionally want to undermine a new album by delaying it in favor of a nostalgia act. It's like they're saying "SOE is not as good as we wanted, so let's go to safer territory and milk the JT album even more". At least they could have waited until the SOE tour to fill it with their hits.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Why don't people just look forward to and enjoy the tour instead of looking at the rights and wrongs of it. Same with this release, who cares if it goes against something Bono said in the year 19 whatever we're getting to hear one of the few great unplayed songs live amongst a few rarities and instead of being in the studio saying nothing for a further 6 months we've got a tour to fill the time. Why do people need to make a big deal about it? If you don't fancy it don't buy a ticket and wait til SOE and if you do fancy it buy a ticket and look forward to it. Same for this release buy it if you want it and if not then don't.
    Because people are entitled to their opinions.
  6. I agree. I don't understand why they can't fill an I+E show with some extra TJT 30 anniversary songs.
  7. To be clear: I'm not trying to stop anyone to go to a JT show or buy the new JT package. Good for everyone that is doing that.
    That doesn't mean I cannot be critical of the band I love. In the past I have defended their actions and music. It just happens that this last decision of them is disappointing to me and I'm not participating in any of it. It is my right to say that in this forum. That's it.
  8. Yeah I realise that but it's a waste of an opinion really. Not because it isn't a fair argument but it's an argument that's not going to achieve anything. If it gets to the point where there's that much to moan about what's the point in being a u2 fan? Im not saying it's wrong to say I don't like this song or that particular version but what's the point of questioning the decision making behind it? Same with the tour fair enough if you don't fancy it but if there's really a question on whether it's a money grabbing stunt then maybe it's time to follow another band. I don't really care if the bands only interested in making a ton of money I'm only interested in seeing TJT live regardless of the reasons why
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah I realise that but it's a waste of an opinion really. Not because it isn't a fair argument but it's an argument that's not going to achieve anything. If it gets to the point where there's that much to moan about what's the point in being a u2 fan? Im not saying it's wrong to say I don't like this song or that particular version but what's the point of questioning the decision making behind it? Same with the tour fair enough if you don't fancy it but if there's really a question on whether it's a money grabbing stunt then maybe it's time to follow another band. I don't really care if the bands only interested in making a ton of money I'm only interested in seeing TJT live regardless of the reasons why
    "It's a waste of an opinion"

10. it's for record store day, nothing special like other hindred releases........i don't like u2 in similar commercial operations, sorry
  11. I only care about being able to SEE these RARE songs live. I wasn't born in the 80s so to be able to see these shows, im very grateful. Would I prefer SOE? Of course, but i never experienced Joshua Tree tour 87, so I'm not complaining. I like the RHMT 2017 mix, it sounds great with Modern Bono's Voice.

12. Come on, they're old! And not everybody is David Bowie ;-)