1. Not today SM.
  2. Originally posted by Crazygoji2:I prefer the versions where Edge is playing something with Humbuckers, like his Les Paul the last couple times I have seen them. The Strat is just too slinky sounding for me. The guitar needs to sound beefy and cutting.
    I have never heard a solid robust guitar player play Pride well. Only Edge. It is the worst song to cover because it is always so poorly executed.
  3. Originally posted by Crazygoji2:I prefer the versions where Edge is playing something with Humbuckers, like his Les Paul the last couple times I have seen them. The Strat is just too slinky sounding for me. The guitar needs to sound beefy and cutting.
    Wait, am I missing something...when has Edge played Pride on a Les Paul?
  4. Las Vegas 1997
  5. I stand corrected, seems like at least one other time as well in 1987 - I was confused by the "last couple times I have seen them" part of that post though, too

And after doing some Googling, looks like there's a belief it was actually recorded with a Les Paul? Huh.
  6. The original video is a Gretsch
  7. Upon seeing this thread become active, I wanted to share Jacksonville 1985's performance, this specific chorus that I've linked is perhaps the best I've ever heard on the song. 1:06:56 if the timestamp doesn't work!
  8. This is so funny. For both the I&E and the E&I shows I was on the floor about 10 feet from Edge and my memory is that he was playing a guitar with humbuckers on Pride. I can only imagine that my own band's days of playing it in the mid-80s featured our guitarist using a Les Paul is blurring the reality. Sorry guys, old age strikes again but it beats the alternative.
  9. Originally posted by Crazygoji2:This is so funny. For both the I&E and the E&I shows I was on the floor about 10 feet from Edge and my memory is that he was playing a guitar with humbuckers on Pride. I can only imagine that my own band's days of playing it in the mid-80s featured our guitarist using a Les Paul is blurring the reality. Sorry guys, old age strikes again but it beats the alternative.
    No problem, I also second guessed myself after you said that!
  10. Originally posted by Crazygoji2:This is so funny. For both the I&E and the E&I shows I was on the floor about 10 feet from Edge and my memory is that he was playing a guitar with humbuckers on Pride. I can only imagine that my own band's days of playing it in the mid-80s featured our guitarist using a Les Paul is blurring the reality. Sorry guys, old age strikes again but it beats the alternative.
    Here’s a performance from The Old Grey Whistle Test the day before The Joshua Tree was released, Edge is playing a Les Paul. It seems like a one off thing, since he always (to my knowledge) played it on a Strat during tours until Popmart.

11. 1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
    2015-07-02 - Chicago

Popmart opening night is a fun one worth listening to....