2017-05-12 - Vancouver
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 6
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by blink:Red Hill Mining Town sounded great. Always loved that one. Miss Sarajevo was also pretty great.

Amazing to see Exit, but could have been darker/more attack from the guitar. Same for Bullet.

RTST/TTYW/ASOH sound good!

Still need to listen a couple of more times to the new song.

Regarding the background visuals, it was hit or miss for me.

Overall I think the band did a fine job.
    Exit used to have bono on guitar too...maybe edge will crank it as they get more comfortable with these songs
  2. I'm at the back of the stadium for Paris 2 and will be able to soak up the visuals up there and sit and relax.
  3. I really hope the curfew was the reason the setlist was this short. There was that tweet that said the show was actually longer than the rehearsals.
    Because otherwise it's a really short show for a band with such a back catalogue as U2
  4. Normally about 26 songs so 22 is short
  5. Power of the people chant before One....
  6. I liked the set, id make a couple changes though
    1. Get Elevation out of the setlist, its getting stale, id rather have any song but i think I Will Follow would work well there.
    2. Move A Sort of Homecoming to where Miss Sarajevo is now. Maybe go Sunday Bloody Sunday/Electric Co./New Years Day
    3. 40, come on not closing the joshua tree anniversary show with 40
  7. It's kind of weird having WOWY so early aswell . I'm programmed to have that near the end
  8. Pretty cool video of opener very close. You can see that one dude that always seems to be in every video.:/) with the hat
    https://t.co/mMl6WPs31k
  9. Been listening/watching to most of the interesting songs in the setlist (skipped Pride, WOWY, ISHF, BD and Elevation) and I have to say I'm not really impressed. Bono's timing on a lot of songs seemed kinda off or something, didn't sounded like he was really there during some parts. Well, it's opening night and I read that there were some problems with the opening time (?) so that will probably get fixed in the coming weeks. Also the video's I was watching weren't the best so I'm not judging too soon.

Other than that, SBS, UV and that new song were great. I don't expect much changes in the setlist during the tour actually however the encore looks kinda dull now.
  10. I think watching the youtube vtideo's they are very comfortable with tthe old staple songs Bullet, WOWY, SBS, Stilll haven't found, BD Elevation etc etc. The stuff they havent played in a while or before dont seem as polished but I'm sure after 3 or 4 gigs they willl get better....remember Bono's voice has changed over the years so hence the pitch changes and other changes in some of the songs..they are still the best band in the world in my opinion...
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:I have a love/hate relationship with these shows having a conceptual element. I give them credit for trying to do something other than just play a show but I would really fucking love them to have the freedom to do whatever they wanted to on stage. They might even enjoy it.

I thought this tour was the perfect opportunity to just get back to gigging but this seems to be the most message driven show opener in a long time.

Mixed feelings but still looking forward. It seems they threw all their ideas out last night and will settle for whatever sticks.

Agree 100%