1. Right? I'm scratching my head about this too...
  2. I don't like that weather can be a major impact. Croke Park is way open to the elements at the stage end.

3. I'm sure there's a little bit of exaggeration about the whole weather thing.

100% confident that after +20 years of touring with big stages, the U2 crew are capable of building a stage that can withstand most weather situations , if they already brought us this.
  4. Maybe they are just building the stage just like in Belgium on the 360 tour
  5. Top line of spots (actually about two-thirds up) looks like it be the holes on a film negative. In fact there is a horizontal curvature to the stage rigging noticeable in the middle of the picture which makes it look like the effect of the stage setup could be a segment of film negative laid out horizontally.

Though, that's guesswork, and maybe the rigging is not entirely in position at the moment.

They had some lighting effects that pulled off the film negative look in 1987.

6. This is kinda similar to what I mean...
  7. Originally posted by mofothethird:It only takes one photo from an angle where you can hardly see anything redzone... to make U2 fans panic about the position of the redzone.

to be honest, I'm already in panic mode RZ is way too far on the right side...
  8. Stage looks huge!! I think they could be rehearsing elsewhere
  9. Would be my guess. I'll also go out on a limb and say the band won't be present much for this. I'm betting this is just a technical run through to get it up and running and work out any set up bugs.
  10. The red Streets backdrop and floodlights should be epic on this