2017-05-14 - Seattle
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Leaving the Vancouver show immediately to travel to Seattle and queue for 2 days, and be exhausted when the next show starts is too much for me. But to each their own.
  2. How and why would someone line up for days? Is getting there a few hours before doors not going to be enough to get the rail on b stage?
  3. In the US, camping out seems so dated. Even if you'll be reasonable & show up around 8-10AM, you'll still practically be in the front row.
  4. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:How and why would someone line up for days? Is getting there a few hours before doors not going to be enough to get the rail on b stage?
    Not for opening night no. All people at the b-stage rail yesterday queued for at least a day.
  5. Bummer. Was planning on getting in line around noon-1 for Chicago and hoping to get a good spot on the b stage, but I guess I'll have to settle for something else. Are these folks planning on sleeping outside the venue? That's absurd.
  6. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:[..]
    Bummer. Was planning on getting in line around noon-1 for Chicago and hoping to get a good spot on the b stage, but I guess I'll have to settle for something else. Are these folks planning on sleeping outside the venue? That's absurd.
    No, no one did except for two persons, those with the "shift" on organising the queue in the middle of the night. When you want to have number 1 to 8 or so that comes with a responsibility that you have to take a shift in being there for the queue during any hour of the day.

Sleeping for all people in the queue in my memory only happened in Amsterdam last tour. In a way it's fair as well I must say. If you queue then do the real thing.

I said opening night because opening night attracts many more people and people line up way earlier and more often. So for Chicago (or any other show apart from opening night), you could perfectly end up having a rail spot if you queue only from midday or so.

Also keep in mind that half of the rail for the b-stage is taken by Red Zone.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    No, no one did except for two persons, those with the "shift" on organising the queue in the middle of the night. When you want to have number 1 to 8 or so that comes with a responsibility that you have to take a shift in being there for the queue during any hour of the day.

Sleeping for all people in the queue in my memory only happened in Amsterdam last tour. In a way it's fair as well I must say. If you queue then do the real thing.

I said opening night because opening night attracts many more people and people line up way earlier and more often. So for Chicago (or any other show apart from opening night), you could perfectly end up having a rail spot if you queue only from midday or so.

Also keep in mind that half of the rail for the b-stage is taken by Red Zone.
    Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the info! Ideally, I was hoping for the part of the tree that extends out to the side, where it looked like Larry was set up. But obviously that'll be a pretty coveted spot so I knew that wouldn't be easy to begin with. I guess we'll see what happens! I haven't had ga tickets for a U2 show in quite some time.
  8. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:[..]
    Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the info! Ideally, I was hoping for the part of the tree that extends out to the side, where it looked like Larry was set up. But obviously that'll be a pretty coveted spot so I knew that wouldn't be easy to begin with. I guess we'll see what happens! I haven't had ga tickets for a U2 show in quite some time.
    Midday for sure makes you able to be there second row, which is almost just as good. You can stand in between the two for you, or behind someone that is small for instance (if you're not )
  9. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Midday for sure makes you able to be there second row, which is almost just as good. You can stand in between the two for you, or behind someone that is small for instance (if you're not )
    Yeah, having that rail to lean on can really make a difference in those hours leading up to showtime though. I'm seeing two shows though so maybe I'll try second row for one of them if I have to.
  10. Do you reckon this would be the same for the London shows?