2017-05-14 - Seattle
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Well done Remy
  2. I really like the RHMT they are playing.

No one thought it was going to be the same as the album, right? Knowing he can't do that, and couldn't then? I think this rework is inspired, personally. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it, which is rare for me with music in general.

I guess some will dislike it no matter what if it is not the original, and I get that. But given the limitations they were dealing with, I think this rework breathes new life into the song, and hopefully will be an arrangement they take forward with them into shows beyond JT30.
  3. Originally posted by dougman23:I really like the RHMT they are playing.

No one thought it was going to be the same as the album, right? Knowing he can't do that, and couldn't then? I think this rework is inspired, personally. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it, which is rare for me with music in general.

I guess some will dislike it no matter what if it is not the original, and I get that. But given the limitations they were dealing with, I think this rework breathes new life into the song, and hopefully will be an arrangement they take forward with them into shows beyond JT30.
    I'm with you 100%, I love the way the drums really kick in for the chorus and Bono is singing it really well imo. I loved the way in Vancouver he kinda tenses his fists by his side really going for it.
  4. Bono really surprised me with last night's "wide awaaaake", I didn't think he was going to nail them.

If only he hadn't screwed up half of the verses

It was kind of nice to hear a shorter version for once too, btw.
  5. Watching U2 Joshua tree Vancouver on youtube.
    Omg wow.
    Bono feels every single word that he sings in synchronicities only the oracle understands.
    Eenee Meenee Minee Mo.
    Catch a tiger by the toe!
  6. Is "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)" as good as "Exit"?