2017-05-26 - Dallas
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Glad you enjoyed yourself, you've kind of brought me back to a question I asked a while ago about naming a better sequence of songs live. If we forget about the songs either side of TJT songs then I can't think of a sequence of 11 songs that beats it. A couple of zoo tv shows run it close, I even like a lot of the elevation tour sets but for me this is the best sequence of songs ever live.
    When you have that many strong songs it gives you a lot of flexibility. Flexibility to support playing the album in sequence. First 8 songs were SBS, NYD, Bad, Pride and the first five of TJT. All those songs are top 20. Last four, One, Beautiful, Elevation, IWF. They could have played Coldplay in the middle and it'd still be a great show.
  2. Originally posted by glenn228:[..]
    When you have that many strong songs it gives you a lot of flexibility. Flexibility to support playing the album in sequence. First 8 songs were SBS, NYD, Bad, Pride and the first five of TJT. All those songs are top 20. Last four, One, Beautiful, Elevation, IWF. They could have played Coldplay in the middle and it'd still be a great show.
    Haha not a Coldplay fan?
  3. Edge played IWF with his SG in Dallas.
  4. Odd. Wasn't Elevation played with a different guitar than usual one of these past shows?
  5. maybe IWF wasn't planned and Explorer wasn't ready for it... SG is good substitute I think
  6. Edge using the SG for 3 tunes in Dallas, TX[ 5/26/17/B]

A bit more Gibson SG use than normal in Dallas, TX.

Friday night in Dallas the Edge used his `66 SG for the first time during the tour and decided to use it for THREE songs, 'Beautiful Day', 'Elevation' and 'I Will Follow'.

Pretty cool! I'd like to see it used more. Even better if he pulled out the Pelham Blue `65 SG from time to time.

DALLAS MAY 26, 2017
    CHECK THE LINK BELOW:
    https://youtu.be/3swbcCRgaFs
  7. Originally posted by Edge_Orchestra:Edge using the SG for 3 tunes in Dallas, TX[ 5/26/17/B]

A bit more Gibson SG use than normal in Dallas, TX.

Friday night in Dallas the Edge used his `66 SG for the first time during the tour and decided to use it for THREE songs, 'Beautiful Day', 'Elevation' and 'I Will Follow'.

Pretty cool! I'd like to see it used more. Even better if he pulled out the Pelham Blue `65 SG from time to time.

DALLAS MAY 26, 2017
    CHECK THE LINK BELOW:
    https://youtu.be/3swbcCRgaFs
  8. U2.COM gives only BAD in the setlist. Not Pride from TUF. I thought they played it too.
  9. They are as accurate as a politician's promise...