2017-05-23 - Hollywood
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 3
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 2
  1. they may do what they did for the super bowl show 16 years ago. beautiful day, mlk, streets. that would be awesome

2. Most likely, Jimmy Kimmel uploads the presentation to his network on YT. But I do not know how late to do it.

However, I wonder if there is streaming channel for it to be seen in the rest of the world.
    -----------

With respect to the Show, I believe that with the events in Manchester it is possible that the Show can be extended ... but it all depends on whether Jimmy Kimmel wants to talk about the tragedy. It's possible. But in that case I think U2 would play MLK or Peace on Earth.
  3. I would be thrilled with RHMT...I want to see the rework again, and get the MP3 as soon as possible and that would provide a good recording to do so from. I am really happy with the live version they came up with.

4. Yes, usually in the late afternoon around 5:00pm PT if I remember correctly. Kimmel also has an outdoor stage behind his studio where musical guests will sometimes perform. I set my DVR to record and the show info just said "U2" - as in the whole show might be devoted to U2 - interview and performance. No other guests were listed.
  5. Originally posted by peacetreaty93:[..]

Yes, usually in the late afternoon around 5:00pm PT if I remember correctly. Kimmel also has an outdoor stage behind his studio where musical guests will sometimes perform. I set my DVR to record and the show info just said "U2" - as in the whole show might be devoted to U2 - interview and performance. No other guests were listed.
    You can also go to Jimmy Kimmels website where they usually have extra footage. It shows the full performance of the song that sometimes gets cut off by the credits and even sometimes an additional song not aired will be performed for audience and web exclusive content...
  6. Originally posted by dougman23:I would be thrilled with RHMT...I want to see the rework again, and get the MP3 as soon as possible and that would provide a good recording to do so from. I am really happy with the live version they came up with.
    In fact I suppose it will be RHMT because it is quite possible that U2 invites The Arklow Silver Band to the JKL Show.

7. it will be a safe set; RHMT, Pride, The little things that give you away and this is already - for U2 today - a very courageous set
  8. I hope they play The Little Things.
  9. I just cannot see a world outside the U2 obsessive where playing Red Hill Mining Town on national TV is "safe". Yeah, that was the RSD single, but it isn't exactly a single world anymore. I would bet the vast majority of people who watch, if RHMT is played, will be hearing it for the very first time. I would also think the host would ask for a song everyone knows since they are guesting on the host's show. I think fantasies of Please and Luminous Times should probably be squashed lest one become too disappointed by a side B song they have performed live 4 times and Pride or whatever
  10. They'll be playing to sell more tickets in Pittsburgh!