1. Which tracks do you think will make it?

My guess:
    1. I Will Follow
    2. New Year's Day
    3. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    4. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    5. Where The Streets Have No Name
    6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    7. With Or Without You
    8. Desire
    9. Mysterious Ways
    10. One
    11. The Fly
    12. Discotheque
    13. Beautiful Day
    14. Stuck In A Moment
    15. Vertigo
    16. SYCMIOYO
    17. The Saints Are Coming
    18. Window On The Sky
  2. 1. I Will Follow
    2. Gloria
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    6. With or Without You
    7. Where The Streets Have No Name
    8. Desire
    9. All I Want is You
    10. The Fly
    11. One
    12. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    13. Beautiful Day
    14. Elevation
    15. Verigo
    16. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
    17. The Saints are Coming
    18. Window On The Sky

It would been better if they released a best of with 30 songs. We have around the 60 singles now! 18 songs isn't enough
  3. I hope they include Stay, but I don't hope to much since it wasn't such a big hit here in the US.
  4. Tracklisting according to U2tour.de:

1. Beautiful Day
    2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    3. Pride
    4. With Or Without You
    5. Vertigo
    6. New Year's Day
    7. Mysterious Ways
    8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    9. Where The Streets Have No Name
    10. Sweetest Thing
    11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    12. One
    13. Desire
    14. Walk On
    15. Elevation
    16. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    17. The Saints Are Coming
    18. Window On The Sky

No I Will Follow?! Nothing from Boy and October? What's Sweetest Thing doing here? Have U2 forgotten that Zooropa and Pop are released albums?
  5. I don't know if someone is following the lyric hunt game; but; the lyrics where you'll have to hunt on, Shouldn't that songs be on the best of album? It sounds practically to me

I don't hope so; that would mean that beautiful day would be twice on the album
  6. Originally posted by SchipperAhoyI don't know if someone is following the lyric hunt game; but; the lyrics where you'll have to hunt on, Shouldn't that songs be on the best of album? It sounds practically to me

I don't hope so; that would mean that beautiful day would be twice on the album

That's bullshit of course
    But that are indeed the songs on the album, that are also all the songs on my list.
  7. It's here!

Beautiful Day
    ISHFWILF
    Pride
    WOWY
    Vertigo
    NYD
    M Ways
    Stuck
    Streets
    Sweetest Thing
    Sunday
    One
    Desire
    Walk On
    Elevation
    Sometimes
    Saints(w/ Green Day)
    Window In The Skies

Different name for the new single then
  8. Can't wait for Window in the skies!
  9. Anyone else disappointed in the tracklisting?
    I am, because:
    - The press release (at u2.com) claimes "U218 Singles is the first single disc collection to span the band’s career from Boy (1980) to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (2004)": Well, there are no songs from Boy on it and October, Zooropa & Pop are also 'forgotten'. The phrase 'Best Of' is also used in some articles: IMHO this is by no means a 'best of' (I know how subjective that term is), but the tracks are just the most well known u2 singles. So they claim things that are
    - I think this release's main goal is to attract more people to U2, but why only with the most familiar / radio-friendly / well known songs? A more diverse selection would do the different sides of U2 much more justice. I mean: where are Will Follow, Gloria, Numb, Stay, Please, ...?

But hey, I am happy with the release, because we get:
    - a new single!
    - the Milan DVD!

Other opinions?
  10. Originally posted by OneDayFlyAnyone else disappointed in the tracklisting?
    I am, because:
    - The press release (at u2.com) claimes "U218 Singles is the first single disc collection to span the band’s career from Boy (1980) to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (2004)": Well, there are no songs from Boy on it and October, Zooropa & Pop are also 'forgotten'. The phrase 'Best Of' is also used in some articles: IMHO this is by no means a 'best of' (I know how subjective that term is), but the tracks are just the most well known u2 singles. So they claim things that are
    - I think this release's main goal is to attract more people to U2, but why only with the most familiar / radio-friendly / well known songs? A more diverse selection would do the different sides of U2 much more justice. I mean: where are Will Follow, Gloria, Numb, Stay, Please, ...?

But hey, I am happy with the release, because we get:
    - a new single!
    - the Milan DVD!

Other opinions?

I agree with you, I'm disappointed too! There are around the 60 singles now....so it would been better if u2 released a compilation of 30 singles! Your absolutely right, no old songs and no songs of zooropa and pop Non u2 fans will perhaps think...is this it?...30 year's of u2 and that less songs... I think u2 needs a new crew to think about those things! But I'm also glad with the 2 new singles
  11. U2 18 is meant to be a collection of U2 singles not the best of but it is dissapointing that POP And Zooropa albums seemed to have been buried, nothing from them on the tour except the odd snippet, and the first time was played in melbourne 2, l think pop is one of their best albums, and the popmart tour was better than the vertigo tour, and nothing will ever top the ZooTv Tour, l went to both melbourne and sydney zootv its the best show they have ever done by far
  12. I agree with you about the Zooropa/Zoomerang tour, it was really awesome.
    The fact, IMO, is that it was so great as show itself and due to the great album Achtung baby was, not for the songs of Zooropa album.
    Zooropa meant to be a mini-lp in the origin and finally, quite forcedly, it come out to be an entire album, but it does not have all the characteristics to be considered a stand alone album, it's an "Actung bayby satellite" and to be honest it does not contain so many magnificent songs , except maybe Stay.