2017-06-09 - Manchester
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by Timk68:I don't think Bono is singing badly , he's just gone for a calmer style and is trying to ballad the songs more . E.g. Ultraviolet- a lot of the vocal energy has been scaled back and he's crooning it more .
    Yeah ultraviolet hasn't got the same vocal greatness as 360 obviously that was 8 years ago but still think he could sing the song high.
  2. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    Yeah ultraviolet hasn't got the same vocal greatness as 360 obviously that was 8 years ago but still think he could sing the song high.
    Maybe he's pacing himself , waiting to let rip once the tour hits Europe
  3. They played Exit with that Trump skit in Tennessee. If that's not a risk I don't know what is.
  4. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    I think he's just trying to maintain his voice for the duration of the tour. There's plenty of songs where he's no choice but to go for it so maybe he feels this is one he can get away holding back a bit. Plus he also spoke about staying true to the album versions which is what he's doing singing the second verse low on ultraviolet.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think he's just trying to maintain his voice for the duration of the tour. There's plenty of songs where he's no choice but to go for it so maybe he feels this is one he can get away holding back a bit. Plus he also spoke about staying true to the album versions which is what he's doing singing the second verse low on ultraviolet.
    Yeah that makes sense, probably also trying to save his voice for the long term aswell
  6. I like Ultraviolet this tour, more so than I did during 360. 360's version was overflowing with passion while this version remains true to the tone of the album, which is one of almost restrained contemplation. I felt this version to be much more powerful because everything gets a chance to really sink in.
  7. The ultraviolet of Zoo Tv tour will never be surpassed. The Washington DC and Dublin shows particularly
  8. What's that behind his ear
  9. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

So the band is upholding their claim by performing The Joshua Tree, in full, in sequence, every night, including festivals.

Yet there are still people who have the audacity to call U2 a "safe" band?

Maybe I have been misinterpreted. Last night was not a safe move. I expected a safe move but that's not what the band delivered and all credit to them for it.