2017-06-09 - Manchester
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    You said it yourself Bono is not stupid, if he and his foundation that he co founded can get people to give because they honestly think it makes a difference than the foundation makes profit , so does Bono. That's why charity exists to make money and give away as little as possible from the proceeds.

You would think the scummy government would give away so of the billions of dollars they make off our hard work but, no they don't...its always up to the "people" (us) to give and give and give some more.
    I kinda agree with you. I just don't think Bono would steal money in the name of charity like Hillary & Bill did. They are corrupt and proven to be so. I would hate to think my man Bono is as well. I'll have to look into the Red campaign. I really hope most of their donations go to Africa.
  2. Originally posted by raynman009:[..]
    I kinda agree with you. I just don't think Bono would steal money in the name of charity like Hillary & Bill did. They are corrupt and proven to be so. I would hate to think my man Bono is as well. I'll have to look into the Red campaign. I really hope most of their donations go to Africa.
    Yeah research is the best way to form an opinion.
  3. I wonder why not many U2 fans responded to this topic. AHN1991 is online and looking at this thread but not responding. Interesting
  4. I doubt they are touring for the sake of it. Touring is very hard work , it's not easy money. I doubt this tour will make much money as there aren't enough shows to scale up and offset the huge production and touring costs.
  5. Originally posted by raynman009:I wonder why not many U2 fans responded to this topic. AHN1991 is online and looking at this thread but not responding. Interesting
    Probably didn't like the fact that that article I put up has some truth to it.
  6. Originally posted by Timk68:I doubt they are touring for the sake of it. Touring is very hard work , it's not easy money. I doubt this tour will make much money as there aren't enough shows to scale up and offset the huge production and touring costs.
    They will make money, if they didn't have the figures to make sure they would make profit they wouldn't have toured in the first place, but your right it won't be a huge turn over
  7. Originally posted by Timk68:I doubt they are touring for the sake of it. Touring is very hard work , it's not easy money. I doubt this tour will make much money as there aren't enough shows to scale up and offset the huge production and touring costs.
    I dunno about that they released another box set and toured on the back of it so honoring their commitment to deliver an album/tour to live nation and to promoters ,sounds like they could have jumped the gun back in 2014 with Bono telling everyone a quick follow up and extended tour would happen by 2016 and the usual 2nd guessing and incompetence presumably by Edge has led to this JT tour ,OK U2 are are a great live band even if Bono is like a statue on stage these days but I just don't buy this nostalgic campaign.
  8. Originally posted by raynman009:[..]

I'm sure Bono knows their history but yet still performed at the, Decade of difference concert, celebrating 10 years of the Clinton foundation. For somebody like Bono to say "the government should be scared of the people, not the other way round" well he sure follows his word by meeting at having good friendships with evil people
  9. Originally posted by Timk68:I doubt they are touring for the sake of it. Touring is very hard work , it's not easy money. I doubt this tour will make much money as there aren't enough shows to scale up and offset the huge production and touring costs.
    Yea touring is very hard work. You know having to play six hours a week and all. Staying in grand hotels and all. Flying to France in between shows. I'm sure it's difficult charging $290 for a ticket for a section 100 seat. God bless them for touring. They barely make minimum wage.
  10. Originally posted by raynman009:[..]
    Yea touring is very hard work. You know having to play six hours a week and all. Staying in grand hotels and all. Flying to France in between shows. I'm sure it's difficult charging $290 for a ticket for a section 100 seat. God bless them for touring. They barely make minimum wage.
    Haha that's it.
  11. Sounds like pricing maybe higher in the US . I got a seat in Paris for €45 . And GA in London is £78 .
    Red Zone €240
  12. Originally posted by Timk68:Sounds like pricing maybe higher in the US . I got a seat in Paris for €45 . And GA in London is £78 .
    Red Zone €240
    I'm sure you bought a cheap ticket. Where is your seat? How much was a seat halfway close to the stage? Probably 5 times that much.