1. Originally posted by deanallison:There's no reason the band couldn't play the rumoured dates add in SA, Australia and NZ as well and still have an album out in November.
    They are not as disciplined, active or hard- working as 25 years ago. These rumors are contradicting each other.
  2. I agree but the album might be 99% done in which case they could just be waiting to put the final touches to it after the tour and plan the best date for release. If they've still got even 10% to do I would doubt it gets released this year.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I agree but the album might be 99% done in which case they could just be waiting to put the final touches to it after the tour and plan the best date for release. If they've still got even 10% to do I would doubt it gets released this year.
    I have to agree with Cesar, and I would say if they extend the tour, SOE is delayed idefinitely, maybe even going back to the drawing board. Especially if they extend TJT into early 2018 for Australia & NZ...
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    They could just announce a tour a month prior, that's no problem for a band like U2. Bruce announced his tour like 6 weeks prior.

Sure, they could. And very well might. But thats not standard operating procedure for them is all I meant. Its U2's world... we just live in it, so who knows, right? At least we'll know where SOE stands if they do extend tour.
  5. i'd love to see them in atlanta! they haven't come my way since 2009!! i don't care if it is the joshua tree tour or SOE tour!
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I have to agree with Cesar, and I would say if they extend the tour, SOE is delayed idefinitely, maybe even going back to the drawing board. Especially if they extend TJT into early 2018 for Australia & NZ...
    I might be in denial lol. It's hard to know exactly what's going on in the studio but it's just my belief that the album is nearly there and they're at the finishing touches stage. I guess we're going to find out soon enough, if it gets to January 2018 and we don't have the album we might be talking about a really long wait still.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison: I guess we're going to find out soon enough, if it gets to January 2018 and we don't have the album we might be talking about a really long wait still.
    At least Rattle and Hum turns 30 in 2018...
  8. Nahh mate, let's have a break until 2021 to tour Achtung Baby again!
  9. Well they should make enough money from this tour to keep the bosses happy, so we might not need Rattle and Hum after all.
  10. North America AGAIN!!!!!! Come lads Australia does exist..... Thought Bono was joking when he told the crowd "lets not make it 12 years the next time we hook up" when they were last here...

The only was I will excuse them is if we get soe in arenas at the start of 2018.