2017-07-29 - Amsterdam
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. I have a strange feeling. They will play a tour debut song. Something from R&H or Achtung Baby! They are staying 4 days here and they like it much. Let's hope and see. ASOH will be played here that's for sure. See some of you friday evening. Can't wait for it all. Espec. Saturday. The Amstel hotel 80% sure.
  2. Originally posted by maartenpetra:[..]
    I have a strange feeling. They will play a tour debut song. Something from R&H or Achtung Baby! They are staying 4 days here and they like it much. Let's hope and see. ASOH will be played here that's for sure. See some of you friday evening. Can't wait for it all. Espec. Saturday. The Amstel hotel 80% sure.
    Yeah I have that feeling aswell, the previous 3 tours I visited I witnessed a tour debut so it have to happen now aswell haha.
  3. Thanks Tim, so I'm not the only one. Now I'm going to bed. Tomorrow 1 day closer to the show. Ha, ha.
  4. I have a question for our fellow Amsterdam friends.
    What's the best way to leave the stadium after the show?

In Rome, I had to walk for an hour and a half to get back to my hotel..
    No buses, no metro, no taxies..

By the way, according to AccuWeather it's probably gonna rain during the shows
  5. Originally posted by panasol:I have a question for our fellow Amsterdam friends.

Same here. ..hoping fir some info !
  6. Originally posted by panasol:I have a question for our fellow Amsterdam friends.

There are 2 stations where you can take the metro. I know they are going because no trains are going to central station. And info by Mojoconcerts. First station station Bijlmer Arena (close to the Arena U2 show) and station Strandvliet (5 min walk more north/centre). It depends where your hotel is. You can take metro line 54, dir Central station via Amstel station (near Amstel Hotel U2). Or metro line 50, dir Isolatorweg via Amsterdam Zuid (South) and Rai. You need a travel card. Just upload. Check the internet for it.
  7. Yeah make sure you have a travel card (OV chipcard), and on mobile Google Maps can help you as well finding the best route.

8. The Arena has a retractable roof so rain won't be a problem.
  9. Yeah and the roof will be closed for sure.

Rain will be a problem during queuing though. But ah well, we had that as well in 2009
  10. Originally posted by maartenpetra:[..]
    There are 2 stations where you can take the metro. I know they are going because no trains are going to central station. And info by Mojoconcerts. First station station Bijlmer Arena (close to the Arena U2 show) and station Strandvliet (5 min walk more north/centre). It depends where your hotel is. You can take metro line 54, dir Central station via Amstel station (near Amstel Hotel U2). Or metro line 50, dir Isolatorweg via Amsterdam Zuid (South) and Rai. You need a travel card. Just upload. Check the internet for it.
    Very good info!

Station Duivendrecht is also in walking distance from the ArenA and has metro 54 running to Centrum / Central Station + trains riding to Schiphol Airport (last train on Saturday = 01.33 am to arrive at Schiphol @ 1:48 am). Check ns.nl for all train times (site available in English).
  11. What also might come in handy is the Amsterdam Travel Ticket. Available tickets for 1-day (€ 16), 2-day (€ 21) and 3-day (€ 26)

Not wanting to sound like a hostess or travel agent / tour promoter - non-traveling sales agent - but it does have benefits:

Everything is on just one ticket - ✓
    It gives you unlimited travel in Amsterdam - ✓
    Carefree travel on public transport in Amsterdam (not sure what it means other than what was stated above: unlimited travel in Amsterdam) - ✓
    Cheaper than separate tickets - ✓ (if you use it a lot, yes)
  12. Originally posted by BigGiRL:What also might come in handy is the Amsterdam Travel Ticket. Available tickets for 1-day (€ 16), 2-day (€ 21) and 3-day (€ 26)

Not wanting to sound like a hostess or travel agent / tour promoter - non-traveling sales agent - but it does have benefits:

Everything is on just one ticket - ✓
    It gives you unlimited travel in Amsterdam - ✓
    Carefree travel on public transport in Amsterdam (not sure what it means other than what was stated above: unlimited travel in Amsterdam) - ✓
    Cheaper than separate tickets - ✓ (if you use it a lot, yes)
    I found this? https://en.gvb.nl/reizen/producten-en-tarieven/ov-tarieven-2017
    GVB 1 day / 24 hours € 7.50
    GVB child 1 day / 24 hours € 2.50
    GVB 2 days / 48 hours € 12.50
    GVB 3 days / 72 hours € 17.00

it's cheaper than posted above, so this is some yones limited or not for whole Amsterdam? (airport, Amstelveen [where I have Air BNB])