1. I have three dvd audio rips on my computer: vertigo live from chicago, elevation live from slane castle, and elevation live from boston

all three are of excellent quality of excellent shows, is it legal for me to upload these?

also if you go to http://u2.is/sound.htm there is a collection of excellent soundboard recordings of 1992-04-14, definenitly worth a listen, I'd like to upload these recordings as well and upgrade this bootleg but once again im not sure of the legality of it.
  2. Originally posted by poop4charityI have three dvd audio rips on my computer: vertigo live from chicago, elevation live from slane castle, and elevation live from boston

all three are of excellent quality of excellent shows, is it legal for me to upload these?

also if you go to http://u2.is/sound.htm there is a collection of excellent soundboard recordings of 1992-04-14, definenitly worth a listen, I'd like to upload these recordings as well and upgrade this bootleg but once again im not sure of the legality of it.

No, you cannot upload any of those audios, as they are part of an official release. Anyone who wants that audio has to go out and purchase the accompanying video. However, if you had a recording of any of those shows that you made on your own you could upload it. I.e. Someone obtained a superb-quality recording of the Boston show and was able to upload it since it was theirs.
  3. Indeed, DVD-rips are NOT allowed here. The same with any other official material or rips of official material.
  4. i'm a BIG fan of dvd rips myself. and unfortunately its illegal to upload here, but it's true that there are a ton of fans who paid for the DVD who just don't know how to rip, it's a shame they can't enjoy such wonderful audio-only versions in their car, on an ipod, etc.

in terms of sharing, maybe if people are interested they could exchange emails and send the links individually.

right now, my hard-drive was recently wiped. but i'm gonna start re-doing them soon. my next project will be rattle and hum with improved chapter tracks (so you can hear desire w/o having to wait through 45 seconds of "what has happened... um...", etc.) i'll alert people when it's ready (again through emails so as not to anger the gatekeepers here @ u2start )
  5. p.s. it's a shame that we can't share DVD-rip slane, the available version is
  6. Originally posted by u2met86p.s. it's a shame that we can't share DVD-rip slane, the available version is

For me it's fine personally but I'll lose my website if you do so
    You can share it with e-mail, that's fine, but please keep it out of the public here.
  7. i totally understand remy, i wouldn't do anything to put this awesome site in danger.
  8. k sweet, its good to know this site is legal, ill just keep these dvd-rips for myself
  9. What is the best software to use for taking DVD rips?