1. I think we should keep in the General Chat thread to avoid taking this one off-topic.
  2. Originally posted by drewhigginsI think we should keep in the General Chat thread to avoid taking this one off-topic.
    Done
  3. From todays Independent :

*** On the music the band have been writing since visiting Morocco earlier this year.***

"World music this is not," he says, though U2 fans will "feel the difference". Polyrhythmic is the word he chooses with a self-deprecating laugh. "U2 in dancefloor shock. Normally when you play a U2 tune, it clears the dancefloor. And that may not be true of this. There's some trance influences. But there's some very hardcore guitar coming out of The Edge. Real molten metal. It's not like anything we've ever done before, and we don't think it sounds like anything anyone else has done either."

He hopes to have a new U2 album out next year. "We have enough material for two albums but it has to be extraordinary. And I think we've got that."

Sounds promising. .
  4. Originally posted by germcevoyFrom todays Independent :

[..]

[..]

Sounds promising. .

I can't wait for the new cd...I think it'll be awesome!
  5. Originally posted by germcevoyFrom todays Independent :

[..]

[..]

Sounds promising. .

Yea...I just hope they are right and not just saying "Yea! This is awesome! Best thing we've ever done!" ...

6. Originally posted by FromPolyrhythmic is the word he chooses with a self-deprecating laugh.

Doing a search on Wikipedia for Polyrhythmic is what I get:

7. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Doing a search on Wikipedia for Polyrhythmic is what I get:

[image]

lol...Probably what he had in mind
  8. theres a whole big Bono interview in the Independent. Have to read it all later
  9. Originally posted by germcevoyFrom todays Independent :

Check page 8 of this thread.
  10. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Check page 8 of this thread.

you are quicker than the press. Apologies for re-posting
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

you are quicker than the press. Apologies for re-posting

LOL! I thought it sounded familiar. I just assumed it was because it sounds like things Bono has said before
  12. so mabye there is a 'new direction' after all

sounds interesting