1. I think Actung Baby, Zooropa and Pop are ripe for re-issue. Can you imagine an offical Salome Session release as a multi-CD set with AB? Or that oft-fabled re-recording of Pop (at the least they may change the versions around).
    Wow.

Very interesting news......
  2. Great news there! I just can't wait for the new stuff...definitly a great time to be a U2 fan!
  3. Originally posted by djrlewisI think Actung Baby, Zooropa and Pop are ripe for re-issue. Can you imagine an offical Salome Session release as a multi-CD set with AB? Or that oft-fabled re-recording of Pop (at the least they may change the versions around).
    Wow.

Very interesting news......

I think they need to "Remaster" the Popmart tour.....or at least the early shows....can you see it? "Popmart Tour Remastered 2008-2009 - Coming soon to a stadium near you."
  4. Originally posted by easports43[..]

I think they need to "Remaster" the Popmart tour.....or at least the early shows....can you see it? "Popmart Tour Remastered 2008-2009 - Coming soon to a stadium near you."

i'd love to see it. What a shame that we'l never ever see something so bold again. Future tours will probably just be evolutions of the previous tour. I want revolution
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

i'd love to see it. What a shame that we'l never ever see something so bold again. Future tours will probably just be evolutions of the previous tour. I want revolution

I want a tour like Lovetown, where it was about the Music. If not that, I'd love to see an Elevation-style tour, maybe even Vertigo.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]
    Future tours will probably just be evolutions of the previous tour. I want revolution

Wow...nice
  7. Originally posted by easports43[..]

I want a tour like Lovetown, where it was about the Music. If not that, I'd love to see an Elevation-style tour, maybe even Vertigo.

Vertigo with a little less preaching would be perfect for me. It was just a bigger version of Elevation. I think we still get all the visuals etc of Popmart. Just needs to be a little less choreographed.
  8. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Vertigo with a little less preaching would be perfect for me. It was just a bigger version of Elevation. I think we still get all the visuals etc of Popmart. Just needs to be a little less choreographed.

Thats it. Vertigo was the result of Popmart and Elevation falling into a blender. Same intimacy with the eye-popping visuals. It would be hard to pull a stadium gig off with very little visuals though. Red background and lights for Streets and a 50,000+ stadium and I couldn't give a shit what the set looks like.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Thats it. Vertigo was the result of Popmart and Elevation falling into a blender. Same intimacy with the eye-popping visuals. It would be hard to pull a stadium gig off with very little visuals though. Red background and lights for Streets and a 50,000+ stadium and I couldn't give a shit what the set looks like.

Couldn't have put it better.

And - there is no single thing better in modern rock music. Your hairs will not settle down at the back of your neck for literally days (well, mine never did). It never leaves you the feeling it gives you.
  10. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]
    And - there is no single thing better in modern rock music. Your hairs will not settle down at the back of your neck for literally days (well, mine never did). It never leaves you the feeling it gives you.

In that sense I don't regret missing the Vertigo Tour. I would have left the show feeling disapointed seeing those bloody flags and that 'boo yaaa' crap. U2 isn't the live band it should be without those lights. God I hope they don't fuck Streets up again.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]
    In that sense I don't regret missing the Vertigo Tour. I would have left the show feeling disapointed seeing those bloody flags and that 'boo yaaa' crap. U2 isn't the live band it should be without those lights. God I hope they don't fuck Streets up again.

It still rocked, but not to quite the same level, it's true.

I seem to remember hearing that they considered the red lights and thought they'd try something new. Hopefully they will now have recognised that was an error (if any of them ever cast eyes over fansites they couldn't fail to notice!!)
  12. ...and what about a re-worked Zoo TV tour? Maybe we'll get a Zoo Web with interactive concert possibilities, SMS walls for song requests, more spontaneism...who'll know?