2017-09-03 - Detroit
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by cleazer:[..]
    Houston, Dallas, and Amsterdam (I guess, I wasn't there) were all indoors.
    I wasn't in Vancouver, so I don't know if the roof was open or closed.

Leg 3 is loaded with indoor shows:
    Detroit, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, St Louis, New Orleans, Phoenix
    Vancouver had a closed roof as well.
  2. I hope they put on a great show for Detroit
  3. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:Some fun facts:

U2 hasn't played in Michigan since 2011
    U2 hasn't played in the Detroit area since 2005
    U2 hasn't played in the actual city of Detroit proper since 1984

Looking forward to having them back!

Wasn't zoo tv in Detroit ? Wayne's world MTV edition
  4. That was Pontiac, which is outside. I think the Detroit Lions used to play there though.
  5. other surprises in Detroit? i read the in the rehearsals they played the new song, it's right?
  6. Originally posted by cleazer:[..]
    You've got a poor memory, roof was definitely closed in Houston.

I remember there were 1 or 2 small gaps where sunlight was able to shine from the western glass walls through a tiny spot in the upper luxury boxes before the concert started, and it was like a spotlight on one specific person in the crowd. You'd look back 5 minutes later, and it was 2 rows up and a few people further down.

In both Houston and Dallas, they turned on a few side wide angle spotlights during the break between Lumineers and U2 and pointed them at the crowd so folks wouldn't be in too much darkness down on the floor.

No need to insult somebody's memory over something like this...not that big of a deal anyway.
  7. other surprises in Detroit? i read that during the rehearsals they played the new song, it's right?

8. Right. They did the Pontiac Silverdome outside the city of Detroit itself for JT (first stadium headliner), Outside Broadcast, and PopMart, and the arena The Palace of Auburn Hills (also outside the city itself) for first leg of ZooTV (10,000 pizzas), Elevation, and Vertigo. So this is the first show of any kind in downtown Detroit for U2 in over 30 years!

Heading there in a few hours...
  9. The Best Thing was played yes.