1. Acrobat isn't that great.
  2. Elevation era is the best u2.
  3. Although he lost a lot of “power,” Bono’s voice is wonderfully consistent and sounds really great.
  4. All of the albums since Pop have been Bang Average .
  5. Zooropa is at its best an average U2 record. (apart from Zooropa and Stay).
    Rest of the songs are leftovers from Achtung Baby.
  6. Them actually playing it live definitely took some of the aura away from it. There's something about the mood and intensity of the album version though. Whatever they had bottled up the day they put it on record hasn't been recreated. The truth could be said of that whole album I suppose.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Them actually playing it live definitely took some of the aura away from it. There's something about the mood and intensity of the album version though. Whatever they had bottled up the day they put it on record hasn't been recreated. The truth could be said of that whole album I suppose.
    IMO opinion the intensity of the AB album performances was easily surpassed on Zoo TV. I’d agree most every subsequent tour versions of the songs have suffered in comparison.

I would have loved to hear Acrobat as a regular on Zoo TV. The E&I version was cool, but did not live up to the record.
  8. SOI is U2’s 3rd best album Behind only AB and JT.
  9. Have always thought that if I could time travel I might go back to 2001 rather than Zoo or JT
  10. Yikes.

Boy, UF, Zooropa and maybe Pop before SOI. Great company to be amongst.