1. Originally posted by MattG:Using that logic, why didn't they play any songs from Songs of Experience on the first tour? Did you or anybody feel cheated then?
    Because they delayed the new album. And the Joshua Tree 30 anniversary tour was already planned. We can discuss this over and over but we will see if they play any Innocence songs.
  2. Originally posted by TheShowman:[..]
    I understand. But remember it will be the Experience + Innocence tour. Otherwise they would have called it The Songs Of Experience Tour.
    2015 Innocence & Experience Tour: tunes from Songs Of Innocence.

2018 Experience & Innocence Tour: tunes from Songs Of Experience.

Quite easy eh
  3. Originally posted by MattG:Using that logic, why didn't they play any songs from Songs of Experience on the first tour? Did you or anybody feel cheated then?
    Nah, they were too busy cheating us of those two different shows that they promised.
  4. That was such a sham, but I have to say I did enjoy the rotations I got through all five nights in Chicago. I really did think, for the most part, the songs that remained the same were the strongest points of the show, and the alternatives were a great selection. I'm not looking at the setlists, but from memory, rotating songs were like..

Electric Co
    Gloria
    Out of Control
    Ordinary Love
    Elevation
    Volcano
    California
    Angel of Harlem
    Desire
    Crystal Ballroom
    Lucifer's Hands
    Sweetest Thing
    All I Want is You
    Bad

It's a shame that I had to go to 5 SHOWS to see that many songs rotated, but no less, it was a treat.
  5. Originally posted by MattG:That was such a sham, but I have to say I did enjoy the rotations I got through all five nights in Chicago. I really did think, for the most part, the songs that remained the same were the strongest points of the show, and the alternatives were a great selection. I'm not looking at the setlists, but from memory, rotating songs were like..

Electric Co
    Gloria
    Out of Control
    Ordinary Love
    Elevation
    Volcano
    California
    Angel of Harlem
    Desire
    Crystal Ballroom
    Lucifer's Hands
    Sweetest Thing
    All I Want is You
    Bad

It's a shame that I had to go to 5 SHOWS to see that many songs rotated, but no less, it was a treat.
    Chicago were DEFINITELY the I&E Tour shows to attend. Your 5 shows were absolutely stellar in terms of performance and setlist. With the exception of October and the half-arsed version of Zooropa, your 5 shows contained 95% of what the I&E Tour was all about. I?m still jealous.
  6. Yeah, in terms of setlist variation, Chicago was incredible. Some of the best concerts I've seen. Seeing songs Gloria, California, and Volcano made songs like Beautiful Day or Elevation more than tolerable. You don't need an entire set of rarities, but throwing in a couple make the show as a whole SO much more fun.
  7. I think it would be cool if they had maybe 10 songs to rotate between 4 shows. So they could mix and match, obviously for 2 night stays they could just swap 5 with another 5. The last 2 times I’ve seen them on multiple nights they near enough did that 5 switches from Brussels 1 to Brussels 2 in 2010 and 4 switches plus an additional song from Glasgow 1 to Glasgow 2 in 2015. I didn’t see a 2nd JT tour show. The only thing i would change though is I’d make these songs genuine crowd pleasers for the hardcore fans. It doesn’t necessarily need to be drowing man or acrobat but even something like gone or stay, that type of song not elevation, sweetest thing. They’ve got room for 12 hits, 8 SOE songs and 5 cracking rotation songs from a pool of 10. I do think the setlists will be quite interesting this time round.
  8. I would love to see Gloria again, that song absolutely killed on i+e. The best moment of the seven shows I saw was witnessing that song in Glasgow.
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:I would love to see Gloria again, that song absolutely killed on i+e. The best moment of the seven shows I saw was witnessing that song in Glasgow.
    Definitely one of the highlights for me also. As soon as I heard Larrys drums then edges opening notes, wow. I’d been going on about it all day but half expecting to get out of control instead.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Definitely one of the highlights for me also. As soon as I heard Larrys drums then edges opening notes, wow. I’d been going on about it all day but half expecting to get out of control instead.
    I remember kind of robotically expecting Out of Control so the drum beat intro to Gloria really took me by surprise. Really changed the dynamic of the show.
  11. Discotheque as an intro song leading into the blackout?